How quickly to SF?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by gothpanda, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

hoep this is in the right place, if not sorry. I want 2 join the paras next year but want to be sas eventuly. How long does it normally take?

2. 3 years
  3. If you're really good in Phase One, they'll let you do SAS in Phase Two.
  4. how long is phase 1?
  5. Unless you do really well on the assesment then you can go straight to Hereford for basic training.
    They even have a boat shed for indoor foot drill.
  6. naa, your winding me up! why would they use a boat shed for "foot drill"?
  7. Does that also double as the indoor grenade range?
  8. been playing call of duty 4 eh?

If you go into your local recruiting office in all DPM ( camoflauge clothing ) and say you have been training for years and say you are intrested in joining the SAS as you reckon you can show THEM how its done you can join them.

Let us know how it goes mate! most of us on here have been in the SAS for about 40 years now
  9. Its true, its because the water absorbs alot of the noise made from banging feet and thus they get less complaints from the locals. Common sense really if you thing about it.
  10. Shhh, don't talk about the boat shed!!!

3 Years in your parent regiment and then pass selection and you should be there
  11. PARA basic is about 6 month's and then selection around 10-12.Personally I would suggest that as you know what you want you should go to your nearest ATCO and speak to the RAF recruiter (SAS is special AIR service).Tell him you want to join the SAS andthat you enjoy traveling.You should get your joining instructions from Hereford in no more than two months.Good luck.
  12. ok still think your winding me up but anyway. is it only paras that become sas? There's someone on my college course who used to be in royal logistical core, could you go sas from them?
  13. Not as hard on the knees when you drive the foot in!

14. edited for Opsec. Sorry MODs :(
  15. Dont be F*ck*n stupid!!
    Its the green one