HOW OFTEN DO YOU GO OUT FOR A RUN..

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by kayak8889, Feb 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering how often other people go out for a run..
    As im getting older it seems that i need to go more and more- perhaps i should stay off beer and curries?

With annual camps approaching i just wondered if most people where stepping up a gear to get fit.

Also with more and more call up papers in the post its best to keep as fit as possible ..

2. Not as much as I need to!!!

3. Three to four times a week.

4. Three or four times a lifetime!

5. A long run every Thursday and lots of smaller ones 3 times a week

6. If the bus is leaving without me............................ :lol:

7. 3-5 times a week. You do need to alter your fitness plans as you get older. But don't just pound the streets, get down the gym and cross train swimming, cycling etc

As you age you need to keep your metabolism up and try to cut back on some of the carbs like potatoes, bread, pasta etc

8. Never. I'm a fat tw*t & very close to retirement & love my beer & food! More than 25 years of doing the do & I think I deserve to grow old, fat, idle & die of a heart attack/stroke.

Any problems, buy me a meal & several beers & try & persuade me otherwise!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. Every other day , wife and work permitting !

10. 3 or 4. Although I don't claim to be very fast or anything.

Plus a gym/circuits session or two.

Oh, and how old is 'older'?!

11. I'm guessing Oz means 35+ , but it does depend on the individual. There are some tri-atheletes of 50+, who would run a man half their age into the ground.

12. not as often as i would like :)

13. I'm 57 and my knees won't stand running more than twice a week, but I do three miles each Monday and Friday. I aim to beat the 45-49 years old TA BFT time. I have noticed a great improvement in my upper body strength since I started carrying a 2kg dumbbell in each hand while running. I'm experimenting with 3 kg ones now, in an attempt to defy the passage of time.

Sad old git, some would say.

14. So my Dad said to me;

"Son, if you go running three times a week, do not smoke, do not drink and do not chase after women, you may not live to be one hundred years old......

But it will feel like it."

15. Me and you both , bro
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8O 8O 8O