HOW OFTEN DO YOU GO OUT FOR A RUN..

Just wondering how often other people go out for a run..
As im getting older it seems that i need to go more and more- perhaps i should stay off beer and curries?

With annual camps approaching i just wondered if most people where stepping up a gear to get fit.

Also with more and more call up papers in the post its best to keep as fit as possible ..

Three to four times a week.

Three or four times a lifetime!

kayak8889 said:
As im getting older it seems that i need to go more and more- perhaps i should stay off beer and curries?

With annual camps approaching i just wondered if most people where stepping up a gear to get fit.

Also with more and more call up papers in the post its best to keep as fit as possible ..
If the bus is leaving without me............................ :lol:

kayak8889 said:

3-5 times a week. You do need to alter your fitness plans as you get older. But don't just pound the streets, get down the gym and cross train swimming, cycling etc

As you age you need to keep your metabolism up and try to cut back on some of the carbs like potatoes, bread, pasta etc

Never. I'm a fat tw*t & very close to retirement & love my beer & food! More than 25 years of doing the do & I think I deserve to grow old, fat, idle & die of a heart attack/stroke.

Any problems, buy me a meal & several beers & try & persuade me otherwise!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WannabeSTABgal said:
3 or 4. Although I don't claim to be very fast or anything.

Plus a gym/circuits session or two.

Oh, and how old is 'older'?!
I'm guessing Oz means 35+ , but it does depend on the individual. There are some tri-atheletes of 50+, who would run a man half their age into the ground.

I'm 57 and my knees won't stand running more than twice a week, but I do three miles each Monday and Friday. I aim to beat the 45-49 years old TA BFT time. I have noticed a great improvement in my upper body strength since I started carrying a 2kg dumbbell in each hand while running. I'm experimenting with 3 kg ones now, in an attempt to defy the passage of time.

Sad old git, some would say.

So my Dad said to me;

"Son, if you go running three times a week, do not smoke, do not drink and do not chase after women, you may not live to be one hundred years old......

But it will feel like it."

fuku said:
Never. I'm a fat tw*t & very close to retirement & love my beer & food! More than 25 years of doing the do & I think I deserve to grow old, fat, idle & die of a heart attack/stroke.

Any problems, buy me a meal & several beers & try & persuade me otherwise!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Me and you both , bro
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8O 8O 8O

Is it sheer laziness that i do not go running or to the gym and never have...

I pass all my ATDs but do not train!

I am 30 years old and not 17 by the way....

hellfyyr said:
Is it sheer laziness that i do not go running or to the gym and never have...

I pass all my ATDs but do not train!

I am 30 years old and not 17 by the way....
Woudnt work for me I'm afraid, gnarly as I am, I still need to train to achieve a decent sub. 24hr time on a 100 miler. :D

Before I got called up, hardly ever, getting older and knees getting worser, took up cycling instead, now its every Monday Wednesday and Saturday, just for the next 2 months though, then who knows?

Vasco said:
I'm 57 and my knees won't stand running more than twice a week, but I do three miles each Monday and Friday. I aim to beat the 45-49 years old TA BFT time. I have noticed a great improvement in my upper body strength since I started carrying a 2kg dumbbell in each hand while running. I'm experimenting with 3 kg ones now, in an attempt to defy the passage of time.

Sad old git, some would say.

stop! stop! stop! stop! stop!

If your knees are hurting from running twice a week then the last thing you want to be doing is carrying anything extra!

go running or do weights, not both at the same time!

you will be in a wheelchair by 60!!!!