How not to be a stereotypical rupert?

I'd rather be able to read a map...properly.

Not do or say something contradictory to put my own in the shit etc etc.

Or simply put, what do you NOT want from an officer?

Judging by your post history and the boneness of this one, I would prefer that you do NOT become an officer. However, I'm pretty sure that AOSB will take care of that.

Happy to help.

Judging by your post history and the boneness of this one, I would prefer that you do NOT become an officer. However, I'm pretty sure that AOSB will take care of that.

Happy to help.
How do I delete this bone thread?

I had a crap this morning and when i turned to have a look it had gone. Freaked me right out that did.

I thought rupert was simply a nickname for an officer. I didn't think it was rude. My bad.

Now how do I delete this thread? It's
embarrassing enough as it is.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In answer to the OP, you should probably avoid the following:

Being called Rupert is a big no no for a start, change your name by deed poll to something more in touch with 'the lads'. I recommend Gary, Dave or Kev.

If you drive a silver Golf or any other vehicle made by the VW/Audi group, sell it and buy something less showy, like a Cortina.

Stop going out with girls you met at the polo, how do you expect your troops to take you seriously when your missus is called Hermione-Chlamydia Foreskin-Crumb?

Stop wearing pink shirts you ****.

Now how do I delete this thread? It's
embarrassing enough as it is.
You can't but don't worry. The thread will find its way to the hole soon enough anyway. Staying up just long enough to make sure folk see who posted it...........

In answer to the OP, you should probably avoid the following:

Being called Rupert is a big no no for a start, change your name by deed poll to something more in touch with 'the lads'. I recommend Gary, Dave or Kev.

If you drive a silver Golf or any other vehicle made by the VW/Audi group, sell it and buy something less showy, like a Cortina.

Stop going out with girls you met at the polo, how do you expect your troops to take you seriously when your missus is called Hermione-Chlamydia Foreskin-Crumb?

Stop wearing pink shirts you ****.
Totally gobsmacked and lost for words.

you can't but don't worry. The thread will find its way to the hole soon enough anyway. Staying up just long enough to make sure folk see who posted it...........
noooooooo!!

Here's a couple of good ones:

Do not get them lost in the clag on top of the Brecon Beacons.

Do not be less fit than they are.

Do not hesitate to be the first to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into a shitty job.

If you can manage those, they will do practically anything for you.

It doesn't mean they won't gob in your tea, though.

Surely there must be more interesting forums out there to troll?

Ah, but I guess NOTW reporters are a little bored or heading prison at the moment?