How not to be a stereotypical rupert?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Knightwars4, Aug 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd rather be able to read a map...properly.

Not do or say something contradictory to put my own in the shit etc etc.

Or simply put, what do you NOT want from an officer?

2. Judging by your post history and the boneness of this one, I would prefer that you do NOT become an officer. However, I'm pretty sure that AOSB will take care of that.

Happy to help.

• Like Like x 9
  3. How do I delete this bone thread?

4. I'd rather not have 14 year old pubeless little bastards like the OP posting on a military site. The DPM fetishist gobby ****.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Displaying scorn for fellow officers by referring to them as 'Ruperts' is generally reckoned to be something to avoid.

6. I had a crap this morning and when i turned to have a look it had gone. Freaked me right out that did.

7. Genital warts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A glitch in the Matrix.

9. I had one of those myself a few weeks back. Apparently it's a known phenomenon referred to as 'Poodini'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I thought rupert was simply a nickname for an officer. I didn't think it was rude. My bad.

Now how do I delete this thread? It's
    embarrassing enough as it is.

11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

In answer to the OP, you should probably avoid the following:

Being called Rupert is a big no no for a start, change your name by deed poll to something more in touch with 'the lads'. I recommend Gary, Dave or Kev.

If you drive a silver Golf or any other vehicle made by the VW/Audi group, sell it and buy something less showy, like a Cortina.

Stop going out with girls you met at the polo, how do you expect your troops to take you seriously when your missus is called Hermione-Chlamydia Foreskin-Crumb?

Stop wearing pink shirts you ****.

• Like Like x 2
  12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You can't but don't worry. The thread will find its way to the hole soon enough anyway. Staying up just long enough to make sure folk see who posted it...........

13. Totally gobsmacked and lost for words.

14. noooooooo!!

15. Thank **** for that.

• Like Like x 4