How " normal " will back to normal be ?

Chalkythedog

War Hero
Kind of hard to imagine, isn’t it, that ”everyone“ wants the economy to be shut down for as long as possible.

Anyway, I’m sure that @Chalkythedog will be along shortly to explain how and why it suits everyone.
That's an invitation it would be churlish to refuse, but I have nothing to add to my remarks on the impending economic calamity which is about to engulf us. Much as i like a big, fat, juicy red cross, (so much more striking than a mimsy thumbs up), Addition would be repetition.
So, in the spirit of ^how ^^normal^^ will back to normal be?^ How about a few observations on the servitude we are consigning a generation of uneducated untermensch too? Gavin Williamson has much to answer for.
Or how about the climate? When things do return to normal - if ever - it will be the end of clear blue skies such as we are enjoying at the moment. Fleets of planes will be airborne again blanketing the planet in contrail. No more clear blue sky then.

That's an invitation it would be churlish to refuse, but I have nothing to add to my remarks on the impending economic calamity which is about to engulf us. Much as i like a big, fat, juicy red cross, (so much more striking than a mimsy thumbs up), Addition would be repetition.
So, in the spirit of ^how ^^normal^^ will back to normal be?^ How about a few observations on the servitude we are consigning a generation of uneducated untermensch too? Gavin Williamson has much to answer for.
Or how about the climate? When things do return to normal - if ever - it will be the end of clear blue skies such as we are enjoying at the moment. Fleets of planes will be airborne again blanketing the planet in contrail. No more clear blue sky then.
Despite initially indicating that you accept the invitation to explain, you chose instead to give us more incoherent rambling.

You haven't even begun to try to explain who everyone is your comment repeated below, and how it benefits everyone.

"It suits everyone for there to be as many Covid cases as they can muster"

3ToedSloth

War Hero

Nurse! He's out of bed again and found his phone.

happyuk

War Hero
More "normal" than this kind of buffoonery hopefully.

1614343177333.png

1614343239859.png

Compliance and humiliation. Nowt to do with any disease.

Chef

LE
I suspect that whatever happens with regard to going back to normal the government will be loathe to give up the powers that enabled them to play 'Get on the bus, get off the bus' with the whole UK population. Even some MPs have been uncomfortable with the speed and lack of oversight the Covid regs were enacted and deployed.
I can't see them being repealed anytime soon. For the greater good, obviously, they will be kept in reserve.

Whether the population would obey with the same tolerance and good humour in the future is questionable.

We also seem to have gone from the sensible 'Do this to avoid the NHS getting swamped' to 'Stay at home, protect the NHS' with no end in sight. The 'Save lives' tacked on at the end of the slogan is debatable given the increase in waiting times for routine ops and screening programmes.

Life will return to a semblance of pre Covid normality but lurking in the background is the knowledge that this or any future government can, at a moment's notice, order a lockdown on the recommendation of a slack handful of experts.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs

The cleanest skies in 70 years!

windswept398

War Hero
At the exact point you become vulnerable, or just before? And in either case how will you know?
Do you drive like that? Put the seatbelt on just before impact above a certain speed, when you're most vulnerable?
Probably around the time I become vulnerable (I believe the government states 60 years old and above is age where covid can be a serious issue)
I'll know because it's not a secret. The government is telling us.

As for your last question, regarding seatbelts. At what age does one become vulnerable from car accidents?

windswept398

War Hero
You really aren't very good with facts, are you? It took me about thirty seconds to prove you wrong.

Scottish deaths 2018/19 (link): "Between December 2018 and March 2019, the seasonal increase in deaths was 2,060" - note that this isn't just influenza

Scottish COVID deaths to date (link): "9,347 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 21 February"

Back in the 90s, I was on an exercise with a Regular officer who insisted that he was at no risk of HIV, because he wasn't an IV drug user or gay. My STAB oppo (who sat on one of the NHS HIV committees of the time) was going ballistic trying to reason with this bloke, who just wouldn't listen.

You've not heard about "long COVID", then? The research medics I know, certainly aren't blase about the risks of permanent (or semi-permanent) damage from the disease.

Look in the mirror. I don't know who you've been listening to; some loony and their "two minute polemic on Facebook", was it?

If you can't even do basic fact checks on your headline assertions, I'd suggest you're the gullible one; either that, or you lack integrity.

'Mentioned on the death certificate'- that means the patient had tested positive for covid in the last 28 days before their death. That means they had it before the bus ran them over. Or the heroin poisoned them. Or the wife stabbed him 34 times in the stomach. Etc.
What do you think actually killed them?

I'm familiar with 'long covid'. Affects about 10% of the people that actually contract covid. So that's 10% of the 2% of the population. How many is that? Is it enough for me to go into panic-mode? To close down my life?

Seems like you aren't so good with facts.

Probably around the time I become vulnerable (I believe the government states 60 years old and above is age where covid can be a serious issue)
I'll know because it's not a secret. The government is telling us.

As for your last question, regarding seatbelts. At what age does one become vulnerable from car accidents?
You're assuming you only become vulnerable with age. You may (God forbid) have an undiagnosed condition that makes you vulnerable, regardless of age.
Again with seatbelts, vulnerability is nothing to do with age, but the speed of the car, where it is, road conditions, other road users, what they're doing. As I said, you're not vulnerable until just before the moment of impact, however old you are.

windswept398

War Hero
You're assuming you only become vulnerable with age. You may (God forbid) have an undiagnosed condition that makes you vulnerable, regardless of age.
Again with seatbelts, vulnerability is nothing to do with age, but the speed of the car, where it is, road conditions, other road users, what they're doing. As I said, you're not vulnerable until just before the moment of impact, however old you are.

Yes, you are right about the undiagnosed condition. But so far, I don't seem to have one. And if I do, suddenly develop one I will get the covid jag. And if covid gets me first, well I can say I've had a good life. I meant to state this in my reply but forgot. Thanks for highlighting it.

The 'seatbelt' comment was in jest. Car accidents are deadly, no matter the age. So the remark about 'putting it on right before an accident' was a silly comparison about my refusal to get the jag.

'Mentioned on the death certificate'- that means the patient had tested positive for covid in the last 28 days before their death. That means they had it before the bus ran them over. Or the heroin poisoned them. Or the wife stabbed him 34 times in the stomach. Etc.
What do you think actually killed them?

I'm familiar with 'long covid'. Affects about 10% of the people that actually contract covid. So that's 10% of the 2% of the population. How many is that? Is it enough for me to go into panic-mode? To close down my life?

Seems like you aren't so good with facts.
The more detailed description from National Records Scotland is:

Deaths involving COVID-19 are defined as those where COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributory cause. Cause of death is coded according to the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Conditions 10th Revision (ICD-10). The relevant codes included in this publication are U07.1 and U07.2.

Therefore, clearly, someone who was run over by a bus, overdosed on heroin, or was stabbed 34 times by his wife would not have Covid listed as a cause of death on his death certificate.

windswept398

War Hero
The more detailed description from National Records Scotland is:

Deaths involving COVID-19 are defined as those where COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate, either as the underlying cause of death or as a contributory cause. Cause of death is coded according to the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Conditions 10th Revision (ICD-10). The relevant codes included in this publication are U07.1 and U07.2.

Therefore, clearly, someone who was run over by bus, overdosed on heroin, or was stabbed 34 times by his wife would not have Covid listed as a cause of death on his death certificate.

Is this an attempt at a rebuttal? Covid may be 'underlying or contributory cause' but if some other major form of injury/illness did not impair the person first, then covid would be little more than a headache.

Is this an attempt at a rebuttal? Covid may be 'underlying or contributory cause' but if some other major form of injury/illness did not impair the person first, then covid would be little more than a headache.
It’s not an attempt at a rebuttal, it is a complete rebuttal of your incorrect assertion that someone who was killed by 34 stab wounds could be listed as having covid as a contributory cause of death.

This one is.
Anthrax always has been.

K_S walks into BRNC sick bay feeling like a pin cushion from about a dozen jabs in a day.

PMO 'now then, the anthrax jab, this one isn't compulsory, is there anything you'd like to ask me?'

K_S 'have you had it sir?'

PMO 'God no'

K_S 'Gosh is that the time? Must dash'

windswept398

War Hero
It’s not an attempt at a rebuttal, it is a complete rebuttal of your incorrect assertion that someone who was killed by 34 stab wounds could be listed as having covid as a contributory cause of death.
It's happened. Maybe not the knife wounds but covid has been falsely listed as the cause of death.

Chloe Middleton: Woman, 21, died with 'no underlying health issues'

Corrections and clarifications

The woman died of a heart attack.

Now, one could assume that the government wanted to scare people into complying. But I'm sure our honourable government would not do that....

Latest Threads