How Much?

Hi

This is probably a stupid question but...

I am off for basic training at the beginning of February, and having got some good advice from reading previous threads am pretty much all set on what to take but how much can I take?

I guess what I mean is, is it like one large suitcase or is a holdall better etc...

Also is it better to get my folks to take me and have my mother crying or get the train? lol

Thanks

Rogue_Entity said:
Hi

I am off for basic training at the beginning of February, and having got some good advice from reading previous threads am pretty much all set on what to take but how much can I take?

I guess what I mean is, is it like one large suitcase or is a holdall better etc...

Also is it better to get my folks to take me and have my mother crying or get the train? lol

Thanks
I was advised when I did my basic at RAF Swinderby back in 84 to take a lockable suitcase & also a couple of padlocks.You'll probably get issued a Army grip so you'll need a padlock for that.Dont take a flimsy holdall as it might get ripped.(keep the keys in your wallet (get one with a zipped compartment for these & some loose change)
or on a ootlace around the neck.Mind you,one lad had his keys on a bootlace tied around his ankle & then tucked into his sock.

Chris_2oo6 said:
you get issued 2 army grip bags

take 3 decent sized padlocks + 1 combination lock.. so u dont have to worry about losing keys
When you say decent sized do you mean the size that you would put on your garden shed type size?

I don't what to get to basic and the lock not fit on the locker... lol

Thanks

Rogue_Entity said:
Chris_2oo6 said:

take 3 decent sized padlocks + 1 combination lock.. so u dont have to worry about losing keys
When you say decent sized do you mean the size that you would put on your garden shed type size?

Thanks
Decent size as in not going to be bust open by an eight year old mate.

This

or this

But not this

or this

With regards to the bag/suitcase issue.....

As long as it fits your stuff take what you want. The Army will issue you one or two massive holdalls anyway so it's a one way trip for your suitcase mate.

Good luck :thumright:

E-Layer said:
Rogue_Entity said:
Chris_2oo6 said:

Thanks
Decent size as in not going to be bust open by an eight year old mate.

This

or this

But not this

or this

With regards to the bag/suitcase issue.....

As long as it fits your stuff take what you want. The Army will issue you one or two massive holdalls anyway so it's a one way trip for your suitcase mate.

Good luck :thumright:

lol ive just brought 3 of these

I took a big holdall when I went for the start of basic.

You'll get issued a black day sack and two big black holdalls, on my long weekend, (halfway) I took my holdall back home as the two black holdalls they issue with are good enough.

All the best.

O2Thief said:
Whatever you take ensure you take a fcuk off huge padlock. There's bound to be some scousers on your intake and they'll rob you blind.
Cheeky fcuker, not all us scousers are on the rob!! some of us prevented it - we kept our hands in our pockets :thumleft:

Rogue_Entity said:
Hi

Thanks
Get the train....mam can do her crying there. Meet up with some of the other guys heading up and enjoy!! The DS will meet you at the train station the other end. Can you imagine the shit you'd get if your mam was wailing at the ATR gates....aint worth it mate...

Bedpan2zero said:
ga_is_ea said:
is this ok to take to basic????

as this is what ive brought
you'll probably find that this doesnt fit the little hasp on the wardrobe
correct

buy 3 small but strong padlocks + 1 combination lock for ya civvie locker

bang your keys in the civvie locker so you never have to worry about losing them

Chris_2oo6 said:

bang your keys in the civvie locker so you never have to worry about losing them
Don't use your last three or first three for your combination!

Modfather said:
Chris_2oo6 said:

Don't use your last three or first three for your combination!
what do you mean last 3 or first three?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Weapons, Equipment & Rations 17
Porridge_gun Aviation 17
D Officers 66