How much time do RS officers spend on FOBs while deployed?

DMan

Old-Salt
Hi,

Does anyone know whether Royal Signal officers spend much time on FOB when deployed in Afghanistan. If so, do they ever go out on patrols or are they based in the HQ most of the time?

I want to know what/where an RS officer will spend most of his time when deployed.

Thanks,

Dman.

I'm Royal Signals (Rank of Siggy) and I was deployed to the PBs in the Nahr-E-Saraj District and the highest rank I have ever seen Royal Signals wise was a Sgt and he didn't go out on the ground. Mosty Siggy/LCpl. From What I have seen anyway.

DMan

Old-Salt
I'm Royal Signals (Rank of Siggy) and I was deployed to the PBs in the Nahr-E-Saraj District and the highest rank I have ever seen Royal Signals wise was a Sgt and he didn't go out on the ground. Mosty Siggy/LCpl. From What I have seen anyway.
Where would the officers spend most of their time then?

Hi,

Does anyone know whether Royal Signal officers spend much time on FOB when deployed in Afghanistan. If so, do they ever go out on patrols or are they based in the HQ most of the time?

I want to know what/where an RS officer will spend most of his time when deployed.

Thanks,

Dman.
Are you asking about officers in the now defunct Royal Scots (RS) or in the Royal Corps of Signals (RSignals)?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are you asking about officers in the now defunct Royal Scots (RS) or in the Royal Corps of Signals (RSignals)?
It only took 3 replies. :)
And we're NOT defunct, just temporarily merged with the KOSB to form the The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Bn The Royal Regiment of Scotland. :thumright:

Kept seniority in the Line as well :)

Where would the officers spend most of their time then?
Wherever their troop HQ happens to be. As opposed to in the UK / Germany, where an honest answer would be "between the rugby pitch, the sailing club and the Mess Snug Bar".

DMan

Old-Salt
Well this is the Royal Signals section, and i clearly state royal signal officers in my post.

You'll spend your time where you're told to spend your ******* time and if you ask any more bone questions you'll get to spend some more time at that ******* place. Does that answer your question? Hope this helps

G

GLESGA-NED

Well this is the Royal Signals section, and i clearly state royal signal officers in my post.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww.

Might want to ask for a mortar pit sweetie. Anyway tinky winky has brought something for you to deploy with.

Attachments

Hey, mouth. This is indeed the Royal Signals section, and RS is the abbreiviation for Royal Scots... consider yourself breifed.

You'll get nowhere with an attitude like that, commissioned or no, well actually you would end up somewhere...

Now then, you may state your question.

Ooooooooo aren't you rather tetchy. You are gonna be great for a Tp Staffy to have to rein in.

Signals Officers will be in the Signals Dets being Commanders it's not that difficult to work out!

I'm sure you actually meant to put a space between the R and SIGNALS and type it in capitals. Good idea to get these things right though if you are going to be a pedant ;-)
I've only been in them for nearly 20 years... RSignals is an abreviation used... as is Royal Signals, R SIGNALS and as was RSigs.

Sgt Slaught, Signals officers commanding Signals Dets?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Azrael2006 Police, PMCs, Security 32
Porridge_gun Aviation 17
D Officers 66