• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

How much should I charge?

I've just said I'll 'sort out' a Sam Browne for someone who needs it at short notice for a rare appearence in SD. She clearly hasn't ever worn the thing before in anger - how much should I charge her to polish it up to parade standards?

She's offered either cash or a bottle or two of something. I didn't know what was a fair sum.

Suggestions please...........

(Edited to make it more military!)

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Years ago I was asked (dicked)to be in the colour party for the Freedom parade through a local town. As a relatively new YO, I lacked any No 2 dress what so ever. In steps the kind Coy 2ic...

Him: Do this parade for us (as it was him who was supposed to do it) and I'll owe you one.
Me: No dramas, sort the kit out for me please and I'll be there.
Him: Will do, you won't have to polish a thing!

Subsequently on the drill night closest to the parade...

Him: The kits up in the office, gotta run - god bless!
Me: Suspicious.... (on closer inspection of the working parts) BASTARD!

Que about 20 hours of polishing Sam Browne, shoes, buttons, scabbard and frog to get it up to a reasonable standard, but not enough to impress the CSM. So, in short, despite doing the guy a favour he got all his kit mega shiney for nothing.

If i were you i'd take her first born.

Years ago I was asked (dicked)to be in the colour party for the Freedom parade through a local town. As a relatively new YO, I lacked any No 2 dress what so ever. In steps the kind Coy 2ic...

Him: Do this parade for us (as it was him who was supposed to do it) and I'll owe you one.
Me: No dramas, sort the kit out for me please and I'll be there.
Him: Will do, you won't have to polish a thing!

Subsequently on the drill night closest to the parade...

Him: The kits up in the office, gotta run - god bless!
Me: Suspicious.... (on closer inspection of the working parts) BASTARD!

Que about 20 hours of polishing Sam Browne, shoes, buttons, scabbard and frog to get it up to a reasonable standard, but not enough to impress the CSM. So, in short, despite doing the guy a favour he got all his kit mega shiney for nothing.

If i were you i'd take her first born.
You MUPP MUPP. You should have handed it back after it had soaked in a barrel of diesel.

Latest Threads