How much should I charge?

I've just said I'll 'sort out' a Sam Browne for someone who needs it at short notice for a rare appearence in SD. She clearly hasn't ever worn the thing before in anger - how much should I charge her to polish it up to parade standards?

She's offered either cash or a bottle or two of something. I didn't know what was a fair sum.

Suggestions please...........

(Edited to make it more military!)

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sam Brownes' what? And I'd love to give Sam Brown a polish.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

and here is Sam enjoying a good rub with a Selvyt

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Years ago I was asked (dicked)to be in the colour party for the Freedom parade through a local town. As a relatively new YO, I lacked any No 2 dress what so ever. In steps the kind Coy 2ic...

Him: Do this parade for us (as it was him who was supposed to do it) and I'll owe you one.
Me: No dramas, sort the kit out for me please and I'll be there.
Him: Will do, you won't have to polish a thing!

Subsequently on the drill night closest to the parade...

Him: The kits up in the office, gotta run - god bless!
Me: Suspicious.... (on closer inspection of the working parts) BASTARD!

Que about 20 hours of polishing Sam Browne, shoes, buttons, scabbard and frog to get it up to a reasonable standard, but not enough to impress the CSM. So, in short, despite doing the guy a favour he got all his kit mega shiney for nothing.

If i were you i'd take her first born.

Years ago I was asked (dicked)to be in the colour party for the Freedom parade through a local town. As a relatively new YO, I lacked any No 2 dress what so ever. In steps the kind Coy 2ic...

Him: Do this parade for us (as it was him who was supposed to do it) and I'll owe you one.
Me: No dramas, sort the kit out for me please and I'll be there.
Him: Will do, you won't have to polish a thing!

Subsequently on the drill night closest to the parade...

Him: The kits up in the office, gotta run - god bless!
Me: Suspicious.... (on closer inspection of the working parts) BASTARD!

Que about 20 hours of polishing Sam Browne, shoes, buttons, scabbard and frog to get it up to a reasonable standard, but not enough to impress the CSM. So, in short, despite doing the guy a favour he got all his kit mega shiney for nothing.

If i were you i'd take her first born.
You MUPP MUPP. You should have handed it back after it had soaked in a barrel of diesel.