How much should I charge?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Queensman, Jan 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just said I'll 'sort out' a Sam Browne for someone who needs it at short notice for a rare appearence in SD. She clearly hasn't ever worn the thing before in anger - how much should I charge her to polish it up to parade standards?

She's offered either cash or a bottle or two of something. I didn't know what was a fair sum.

Suggestions please...........

(Edited to make it more military!)

2. She?... I imagine you can infer what most are going to suggest....

I have paid £35 for loan of a Sam brown, let alone having my own polished.

3. Shouldn't you have lodged this in the NAAFI? Incidentally, I much prefer Sam Brownes' - infinitely more military.

4. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Sam Brownes' what? And I'd love to give Sam Brown a polish.
    [​IMG]

5. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

[​IMG]

and here is Sam enjoying a good rub with a Selvyt

6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Years ago I was asked (dicked)to be in the colour party for the Freedom parade through a local town. As a relatively new YO, I lacked any No 2 dress what so ever. In steps the kind Coy 2ic...

Him: Do this parade for us (as it was him who was supposed to do it) and I'll owe you one.
    Me: No dramas, sort the kit out for me please and I'll be there.
    Him: Will do, you won't have to polish a thing!

Subsequently on the drill night closest to the parade...

Him: The kits up in the office, gotta run - god bless!
    Me: Suspicious.... (on closer inspection of the working parts) BASTARD!

Que about 20 hours of polishing Sam Browne, shoes, buttons, scabbard and frog to get it up to a reasonable standard, but not enough to impress the CSM. So, in short, despite doing the guy a favour he got all his kit mega shiney for nothing.

If i were you i'd take her first born.

7. Just lend it tight arse.

8. Bernster, you took the words right outa' my mouth! Unless we see piccies, which may change my mind.

9. Selfless commitment; Integrity...

10. You MUPP MUPP. You should have handed it back after it had soaked in a barrel of diesel.