HOW much pension?

Kurty

Swinger
Hi all. I just joined and been looking for the AFPS 75 rates for a Private doing 12 years leaving in 1995. Can anyone help. I'm not due mine yet, but i read they're all the same amount. Tia.

Form is the simple way and then look forward to your new holiday home in the Maldives and your private jet when you hit 60.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
The best way to get an accurate forecast is to submit the AFPS Form 14 as suggested above. Vets UK have the benefit of your record and will know exactly how much reckonable service you built up. The application is free for the first forecast in any 12 month period.

Kurty

Swinger
The best way to get an accurate forecast is to submit the AFPS Form 14 as suggested above. Vets UK have the benefit of your record and will know exactly how much reckonable service you built up. The application is free for the first forecast in any 12 month period.
This was helpful. Many thanks. I'll get onto it. Cheers.

Mine is for a reservist joining in 1991 and leaving in 1998. I'd be on AFPS75, but don't think I'd be owed anything unless anyone on here knows any different or is claiming a pension like that already. Fingers crossed.
If you mean Regular Reserve then I don’t know, but if you mean Army Reserve (TA in old money) the entitlement to a pension unless mobilised or FTRS didn’t begin until 2015 iirc.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi all. I just joined and been looking for the AFPS 75 rates for a Private doing 12 years leaving in 1995. Can anyone help. I'm not due mine yet, but i read they're all the same amount. Tia.
Just as a guide, I start recieving my pension in Feb 22 (AFPS 75) after leaving in 94 as a Pte with 9 years Regular service, lump sum £9,733 and £3,000pa, so £250 a month.

Just out of curiosity are there any retired Lt Cols in here. If so or not, does anyone know what the current pension and lump sum is for a Lt Col.

Asking for myself obvs....

Last edited:
Just put of curiosity are there any retired Lt Cols in here. If so or not, does anyone know what the current pension and lump sum is for a Lt Col.

Depends hugely on length of service. Eminently possible for an officer to do his 16 and leave as a Lt Col with immediate pension. But the same officer, if they stayed on to 55 (or beyond) would have a lot more pension entitlement. But then again, would have missed 16 years’ worth of civvy wages and a second pension, so it’s all swings and roundabouts.

chimera

LE
Just put of curiosity are there any retired Lt Cols in here. If so or not, does anyone know what the current pension and lump sum is for a Lt Col.

If you need to come on ARSSE to ask that question how the f*ck did you make OF4?