How much of a sh*thole do you live in. (MkII)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by the_guru, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seeing as the previous version of this thread was moved for some obscure reason without letting me at least know why :twisted: So apologies to those who have already posted.

I would like to post this again as the chaps at work enjoyed the site so much

http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/

This site gives all details of where you live from crime rates, house prices, ethnic breakdown etc. It also has a "Depravation Index" There are evidently 34200 ish wards in England and Wales. With 1 being the most depraved and 34200 beig the nicest, have a look and lets see who lives in the biggest dump. There are some surprises in there, for instance Aldershot (!) Is in the top 10pc least depraved in the country. A posting to Cyprus to the one who turns up the biggest dump.....

2. Where I live

A selection of statistics for LSOA East Riding of Yorkshire 007G

- As at the 2001 Census, East Riding of Yorkshire 007G had:

1,507 residents;

603 households;

73 per cent of residents describing their health as 'good';

26 per cent of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications; and

an unemployment rate of 2.5 per cent of all economically active people aged 16-74.

- In the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2004, it was ranked at 24,611 out of 32,482 LSOAs in England, where 1 was the most deprived LSOA and 32,482 the least deprived.

3. 8000 for my home town, nice area, honest. Couldn't find out how to do the ethnicity but its bound to be high...

I live in west yorkshire btw

4. Where I lived

A selection of statistics for Norwich

- In mid-2003 Norwich had an estimated 123,500 residents. This compares with the 2001 Census figure of 121,550 residents.

- The 2001 Census also reported:

54,584 households;

65 per cent of residents describing their health as 'good';

30 per cent of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications; and

an unemployment rate of 4.1 per cent of all economically active people aged 16-74.

- In 2003 there were a total of 75 people killed or seriously injured in road accidents in Norwich.

- In the Indices of Deprivation 2004, Norwich was ranked at 61 out of 354 local authorities in England, where 1 was the most deprived area and 354 the least deprived. This rank was derived from the average deprivation score of the LSOAs in the local authority. For information on other deprivation measures, please see the Deprivation tab.

I think I've gone up in the world !

5. Maybe the reason the thread was pulled was because if you post a list of statistics it might be possible to backtrack and work out where you live. Or maybe someone just said something anti-semetic :D

6. Forget what I just said then.

7. A selection of statistics for Pembrokeshire

- In mid-2003 Pembrokeshire had an estimated 116,300 residents. This compares with the 2001 Census figure of 114,131 residents.

- The 2001 Census also reported:

#
    48,176 households;
    #
    66 per cent of residents describing their health as 'good';
    #
    31 per cent of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications; and
    #
    an unemployment rate of 3.9 per cent of all economically active people aged 16-74.

- In 2003 there were a total of 125 people killed or seriously injured in road accidents in Pembrokeshire.

8. Yeah it narrows it down to a council ward or village ! It would be appropriate to just stick down the number that came out if that is the reason, but IMHO thats taking persec a tad too far, especially if you do it for where you were raised.

And thanks mate, I know it was merged in to a "mega thread", just not too sure why?

9. Yea into a sticky for some reason. Whats the point in that, I mean who wants to trawl through 200 previous pages to to catch up on something like this.

Its just a bunch of random things thrown into one topic.

10. Anyway, at the risk of boring people again, I did where I was raised, near Mansfield and it came out at 914th worst in the country for edumacation! It also said 99.8 pc white, the 0.2 pc was asian, which worked out at 3 people, and they are the doctor, his wife and daughter :)

11. my area of cardiff
    1,767 residents;
    484 households;
    71 per cent of residents describing their health as 'good'; (thats probablly the retirment home)
    7 per cent of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications; and:(well it is student area)
    an unemployment rate of 1.5 per cent of all economically active people aged 16-74.

I'm feeling quite good about where I live.

12. My area of Dorset

1,382 residents;
    628 households;
    67 per cent of residents describing their health as 'good';
    32 per cent of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications; and
    an unemployment rate of 1.3 per cent of all economically active people aged 16-74.
    In the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2004, it was ranked at 21,871 out of 32,482 LSOAs in England, where 1 was the most deprived LSOA and 32,482 the least deprived.

RH

13. In the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2004, it was ranked at 16,398 out of 32,482 LSOAs in England, where 1 was the most deprived LSOA and 32,482 the least deprived.

Right, no wonder I want to wipe out the locals.

14. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The site is now broken - another EDS triumph, perhaps?