how much notice do i need to give to resign?

Hi all, apologies in advance if this has already been answered several times.

If an officer was to resign and get offered a job, how much notice do they have to give.. theoretically they/we are paid monthly in arrears and should only need to give 4 weeks' notice but JPA states it's a year (commission dependent of course) so how much is required really??? assume that waiver statement has been submitted but nothing heard back.. probably still sat in an in-tray somewhere (here's not hoping)

Finally can overdue annual/terminal/resttlement leave be used to offset notice period (funily enough never used all that leave up.. something about not being over-stretched!

Thanks in advance!

It really depends on individual circumstances. I think the longest they can keep you is about 7 months. If you have a firm job offer (and can prove it) and aren't in a crucial appointment it can be done in weeks. I know of someone who took only 2 weeks from flash to bang - but his case was exceptional. Best time is probably if you were due posting anyway otherwise they may have to find a short notice replacement which will generate gaps elsewhere.

Latest Threads