How much fitness stuff during Phase 1??

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by little_guns, Jan 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am starting phase one next week, the 28th, and i am really starting to get a worry on about how much fitness stuff there wil be i am worried about because over the last couple of months i have been working soo much and havent ahd a chance to get out n run,i'vedone a bit of weightssowil be laughing if there is any power typethings but think i'm gona struggle with running?

2. My youngest is going for it and will beat the pants off you and everybody else. Why? because of commitment.

Didn't you get the wall chart, ' Get fit for the Army' ?

3. You'll be running at least once a day, sometimes twice a day.

Enjoy.

5. Bold statement their shipmate. Is your name Ian Beale by any chance :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. My youngest is going for it and will beat the pants off you and everybody else. Why? because of commitment.

Didn't you get the wall chart, ' Get fit for the Army' ?

Well as lovely as that is for you, i'm sure that your very proud but HTF does that answer my question???

REALLY IF SOMEONE HAS NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY SURE THEY SHOULD STAY QUIET, I AM REMINDED OF AN OLD SAYING, SOMETHING TO DO WITH AN EMPTY BOTTLE SMASHING??

7. Be sure and tell your training NCO that the first time he spouts inane drivel at you

I am sure you will get along just fine :wink:

8. Get of arrse right now and start running. If you have time to talk here and do nothing you will fail.

Never be jealous about the achievements of others - just beat them.

9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The army is not about weight training, the real requirement is to move at a steady, appropriate pace over every terrain.

The fitness requirement always has been cardio-vascular. It is no use being able to lift a car if you can't run 5 miles.

Lifting heavy weights occurs in some jobs, long distance stamina occurs in every job at some point.

Get running but don't do too much and injure yourself.

10. A…………………………………nd Breath

In with the good, out with the bad :roll:

Its a bit late to start running, and he hasn't had his breakfast yet :wink:

11. Cheers guys,

better get out there and run alot this week.

and Caarps, do you think the NCOwill respect that level of fre thinking? lol, i think i will keep my mouth shut for a few months, but the runing advice i will take on board.

12. I'm 52 years old and I will run against this mong anytime and win.

13. Whas the need to get personal, I am very sensitive about my Mongness!!
    52 years old and full of anger, chill out, i posted a question asking how much PT there will be during phase one and you somehow took that as a personal assualt?

14. It’s the new modern army, he will welcome your input

If not, tell him I told you it was OK :wink:

15. Will do Caarps, i was hoping that the army had recently undergone an evolutions become a democracy. maybe the NCO's and myself can debate about all the PT and come to a hapy medium, meet half way if you like lol.

cheers mate