How much does your Gym/Swim membership cost?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by EX_STAB, Jul 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just looking at doing some gym work to build my legs up again and was somewhat shocked at the prices. Over £200 to join the local authority gym and over £300 if I want use of the pool as well although that would also allow use of classes such as Circuits and what have you.

Is this typical? It struck me as expensive for a public facility.

2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

PHP:
    Not bad, it wa costing me just to use the pool in Glasgow £1.20 a go, which works out as £312 across a year just to use the pool (five times p/w). Membership started from £20 p/m at the lowest.

I just checked out Bannatynes, start at £36 p/m for use between 06.30-16.30, or someways over £40 for all day access up to closing.

How often do you plan to use the facilities?

3. Check out DW SPORTS GYMS.

£29 a month for off peak (0830 hours to 1700 hours) a extra £10 per month for peak periods.(Evening and early mornings).

They have a 6 weeks for £40 special deal at the moment which inclues a free goody bag of a towel, water bottle etc.

4. Mine is £29 a month for a well equipped gym 7am - 10pm, pool same and all the classes I can eat. In addition, I spend about £10 a week on two Britmilfit classes.

Stop being such a tightwad - you're paying the right amount.

5. My local council leisure centre;

£28pm offpeak, £37 peak
    add on another £7 to each if yoy want swimming as well
    no joining fee, but a mandatory £10 induction for the gym.

Or pay as go for £5 per gym session

My local private gym (muscle builders and hardcore steroid users)
    £3.50 per session
    £7 per week
    £20 per month

6. In Pembrokeshire it's £16 quid a month all-in, and includes use of all leisure centres in the county. In Sevenoaks it's £36 a month!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  7. 36 quid a month for swimming and gym combined membership. Local council facility. Wish I was still in the TA as all regular and reserve folk get free entry.

I certainly get my usage out of it though and figured out that I'm making it backin a weeks worth of usage.

8. There is a yoga thingy Yoga in Reading opposite the gym I'm at - fuckadoodledo there are some flexible fit clunge knocking about there in the mornings! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Banker

Banker On ROPs

£98/month.

Robbery, but it was directly opposite work (when I used to work).

10. The only trouble with the council gyms I find, is the quality of the instructor. If you're happy to go and just use the equipment, then that's fine. But when I want to ask someone something, then I want uber knowledge based on personal experience and I will be absolutely FUCKED if I am going to do a class with someone who I am in better shape than.

11. You won't have any problems then.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

12. Off Peak + free use of the pools.......£20 per month.......Ashford. ;-)

13. I have a Husky initial outlay is expensive and costs £30 for six weeks food. Then about 15 yrs of exercise all in.

• Like Like x 4