How much does the cash machine on your camp rip you off?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by ulsterman82, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im sick to death of paying just to take out my money on camp! i get ripped off £1.75 every time! i thought free cash machines were suppost to be phased in! Rant over!

2. About 2 euro 50, yep a rip off.

3. same here £1.75 at abingdon and you have to spend £5+ to get cashback from the tills. robbin b'stards

4. £1.99 In Wilsons Larkhill. :oops:

5. is there anybody doin anything about this madness? last i heard naffi where suppost to be providing us with free machines!

6. We can all do something about this madness - boycott the fcukin' things!

7. its all fare and well boycotting them but when your stuck on camp on a friday nite with only the naffi bar open and no cash to hand im more or less forced into payin the fee to get my money out!

8. Keep going on at whoever deals with it.... the lads here did and we now have a shiny new charge free machine in the shop.

9. Down at Brawdy there is no real choice except to pay the fee, theres no cash point (other than another that charges at Solva) for 10 miles. Or I can spend £5 to get cashback.

NAAFI = Ripoff

10. Simple answer fellas, already mentioned - boycott them. You all know it's highway robbery, yet you continue to play into their hands, so why should they change? The only way to make them listen and change their tune is to hit them where it hurts - their pockets.

I have to say that I'd avoid the NAAFI even if they abolished all charges - they still have grossly over-inflated prices and virtually no interest in customer service or after-sales help. Their supposed 'Non Profit Making Organisation' line just bug the sh*t out of me.

I'd be interested to see if any NAAFI employees or managers are reading this, and would care to make their views heard.

11. Forces Financial has been offering free-to-use machines to commanders of UK bases since the start of the year – saving users £154,740 across the piece to date in transaction fees. We are continuing to install new machines, it’s not always possible to get the go ahead for installation for a variety of reasons (including existing agreements with base contractors), but we investigate all requests made via the appropriate channels.

Take advantage of the free machines – whether for account enquiries, statement requests or withdrawals – as the success of the service depends on high levels of demand.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL

12. FF,

Yes, and about 4000 txns per month per machine are required to sustain the 'free' service, or it simply is not a vialble propostion for any service provider.

Consistently less throughput and the service is either withdrawn or charges imposed.

13. Something for BAFF to raise in rather forceful terms I suspect. Trouble is when you are in the middle of nowhere you are effectively a captive audience, having said that, with a little pre planning you could avoid being ripped off.

By the way, do civvy supermarkets bill you for using cashback or is it just the NAAFFI ripping the boys off?

14. You get charged for Cash Back!!! How much?

Supermarkets, or at least ASDA do not charge for Cash Back, and there's no minimum spend either, it's par for the course if you pay be card at ASDA, they ask you if you want any!!!

15. There's no charge, they just expect you to purchases goods amounts of a minimum value before they process your request.