How much do you spend on food a week

Diko

Old-Salt
One thing about being retired we can visit Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Asda, Sainsburys, B and M and Iceland and we take note where to buy whats needed. About £75 each week as we have our two sons every Sunday for a slap up dinner. Oh about £15 on wine, beer and spirits each week so £90 per week.

They do, they do, as I am a chocoholic, and a sugar junkie, and , there is at least 8 jars of assorted sweeties and containers of goodies on the shrank, glass bowls of salted and roasted nuts, packets of mints, and several bowls of fruit, and the Doris always has many boxes of Turkish delight and Thornton's chocolates, and so the rug rats get totally hyper on sugar and chocolate, much to the disgust of their parents, but as I tell them " My gaff, My rules, My grandkids" It is the duty of every grand parent to spoil their grandchildren rotten, as I was, 60 years ago.
That's why I worshipped my Papa.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
About £25.

Loaf of bread, pack of ham, bunch of bananas, £5 co-op freezer deal, cereal bars, Sunbites, breakfast biscuits and Asda golden syrup porridge pots, milk, tea bags. That's about it.

Plus I'm nice to people so I get invited round for Sunday roast etc. Although I'm gonna have to stop saying "great, free food" each time my good lady tells us we've been invited round to her parents'... I think they're beginning to suspect I'm tighter than a divorced RAO who's just got back from a JPA refresher course.
Much the same expenditure here. Plus I go to a lot of funerals.

One thing about being retired we can visit Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Asda, Sainsburys, B and M and Iceland and we take note where to buy whats needed. About £75 each week as we have our two sons every Sunday for a slap up dinner. Oh about £15 on wine, beer and spirits each week so £90 per week.
Lightweight!

mrboo

War Hero
I'm about £100 a week on takeaways and eating out plus food and beer in the house probably another £40.. The wife is always moaning about the takeaways and eating out . After reading this I think she may have a point . But I won't tell her if you don't

About a £1000, that’s why I’m a fat barsteward.

Around 50 quid a week here but that's only because SWIMBO is forever stuffing her face with food. We grow and freeze or own veg and I slaughter a cow once a year and swap some of the meat for pork and lamb with our neighbours. We also keep chickens for their eggs and meat.

Between 250 and 400.
I likes good scoff.

plus it is easy when you do local post offices for fun and profit.

WhiskeyTango

Old-Salt
From the perspective of the troops, it's much closer to £300 a month, which is painful to see.

Once you factor in the inevitable naafi break coffee, going for the more expensive food option (You know, so you don't die of malnutrition or boredom) and a Can of coke for the evening, I reckon troops can spend 12 pounds a day without realising, nor with it really being their fault.

OneTenner

Old-Salt
From the perspective of the troops, it's much closer to £300 a month, which is painful to see.

Once you factor in the inevitable naafi break coffee, going for the more expensive food option (You know, so you don't die of malnutrition or boredom) and a Can of coke for the evening, I reckon troops can spend 12 pounds a day without realising, nor with it really being their fault.
Less all the costs that come with living off camp / civvy accomodation

£1pd not difficult if necessary

2.5kg Pots £1.25
1kg Carrots 49p
1kg Rice 45p
1kg Spag 40p
800g Loaf 55p
Multi-vitamin pill 0.9p/day
= £3.15 leaving £3.85 for toppings

Toppings/extras can/should include eg Morrisons cooked chicken reduced from £5 to 50p, 15 eggs 13p, 9 crumpets 8p etc last week

Today: 800g loaf 6p, Brie £1.07 to 6p, 4 Muffins 5p

Toppings/extras probably shouldn't include tub of Crayfish Tails £4 to 40p, but Mrs Pcar & I said jolly tasty

No, I don't go for bargains, popped in as Mrs P needed shampoo "It must be Pantene blah blah". Bloody wimmin, I use Tesco anti-dandruff

Food is fuel, as long as it's a pleasurable ok taste event we're all happy. Money saved pays for real pleasure: hols, bike, ski, cars etc and £5k cash at hand provides peace of mind

About $400/week. I eat a lot of steak.

I buy really good ingredients, and eat out a lot.

Not actually worked it out accurately but i reckon £450 a month.

Having said that, recently i took the kids through a 'imagine we're skint/it's the 70s' week, and limited us to basic but wholesome, iirc we did decent meals - brekky was porridge, with fruit, dinner was bread/cheese/cold meat/apples, tea was mince, veg and starch or sausages, veg and starch. Well under a tenner a day. Couple of Penguins, job's a good'un.

Once they're in bed, of course, it's nice Chorizo and a few olives, bottle of decent plonk.

Latest Threads