How much do you get paid at Sandhurst? And as 2lt?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by dolfinack, Oct 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I had an interview at my OTC recently and was asked if I knew what the pay was at these levels.

I thought I got it right in saying about 23k at Sandhurst then 27k ish as a 2lt... I was told this was wrong. So enlighten me guys, whats the salary?

2. Look it up - it is a matter of public record on the main army site

3. Off Cdt Level 1 daily 39.31 Annual 14,348.88

4. That was appx what a Band 2 Class 1 Scale B Lance Jack got in 1994! How can they justify giving Baby Ruperts that much!

I'm outraged!!!

5. Helpful as always. Google ain't tricky, I know this. Been there and done it. http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/benefits/pay/Pages/Officer.aspx

I thought the website above was a little confusing, and I really thought it was more than the salaries you gave! Still a little unsure. It says non-graduate officer cadet 23k, graduate officer cadet / 2lt 28k

I can only assume this refers to salaries after leaving Sandhurst, depending on educational qualifications.

6. I thought it was 14.8K while at Sandhurst, i only remember since it meant i wouldn't have to start paying off my loan that year :).

7. That link above is out of date (Level 1 has risen by around £500).

This link is more recent and has the bumpf explaining which pay level graduates start at which is Level 5 i.e. 23k and on commission it goes up to Level 6 (27k). Pay is all detailed in your Sandhurst JIs anyway; which is as per the link above:
    Approx £14K for non-grads and approx £23k for grads. And if you are non-grad your loan will come out of your pay. If you want to know how much you will take home after tax, loan etc. use The Take Home Salary Calculator. Yes I was tragically sad and did this (equates to around £1400 for a GDE) because I wanted to work out how much I'd have left and how quickly I could get rid of my student debt!

So OP, you were in essence you were correct.

8. Right good man, thanks a lot for that, thats cleared that up.

Cheers

9. Is that pay all inclusive or is there extra allowances for 24hr duties, uniforms, postings away from where you're based etc.? Also, is there any equivalent to the TA annual bounty? Does anyone have any details on these allowances and, in the case of duty allowances, how often can you expect to recieve them?
    Cheers in advance for the help (/abuse).

10. When I joined my first troop out of training I know that my boss was on less money that I was as a Siggy. I was then on about £16k. So yes, you were told wrong. Good luck.

11. Oh My God! No wonder my bloody taxes are so high.
    Personally, reckon you should pay them for the honour of training you.

12. Have a word with yourself mate!

13. I think they should pay them all in fruit and veg.

14. Any particular one?

Wasn't that dude with the hobbits an officer?