How much do you get paid a week in basic training?

For first two months you are looking at 40 pounds a week cash, then you get what you are owed into the bank after two months and then you are paid into the bank.

Chuzu said:
For first two months you are looking at 40 pounds a week cash, then you get what you are owed into the bank after two months and then you are paid into the bank.
They always say that but myself and everyone I knew ended
up with about 150-200 quid tops at the end, I was expecting a
thousand pounds after my basic! :cry:

We got 20 quid off the PC which was signed for and I had spent this thousand quid I thought I had accrued during my basic before I actually got it, which is always the case isn't it? :D

In 1981 I got £5 per week and after 10 weeks basic training got a lump sum of £90 to play with - yippee!!!! NOT

dazzer said:
Chuzu said:

We got 20 quid of the PC which was signed for and I had spent this thousand quid I thought I had accrued during my basic before I actually got it, which is always the case isn't it? :D
Thing is all stuff like tracksuit the battlefield tour, welcome pack , haircuts etc
come out of your actual pay, i got about 400 quid in bank from my first 2 months but i went through in 2003 so not exactly current.

Which ATR are you going because there will be someone on the site whos been there recently, as i believe each one treats what you sign for individually.

Chuzu said:
dazzer said:
Chuzu said:

We got 20 quid of the PC which was signed for and I had spent this thousand quid I thought I had accrued during my basic before I actually got it, which is always the case isn't it? :D
Thing is all stuff like tracksuit the battlefield tour, welcome pack , haircuts etc
come out of your actual pay, i got about 400 quid in bank from my first 2 months but i went through in 2003 so not exactly current.

Which ATR are you going because there will be someone on the site whos been there recently, as i believe each one treats what you sign for individually.
Did they charge me for all that? bunch of twats!

A shitey grey tracksuit and a pair of hi-tec trainers!

This was back in 1989 mind! I remember getting the money in my bank and feeling ripped off! No-one exactly knew why the final amount ended up to be so little so thanks for putting me in the picture... 18 years later! :D

Chuzu said:
dazzer said:
Chuzu said:

ATR is at Catterick.

michaelshane06 said:
ATR is at Catterick.

Is it i thought it was ITC at Catterick

chris, i see u are at catterick, im starting there 11th feb. dnt spose you could fill me in on the coin situation there m8? and how long you been there?

cheers

well basically everything thats been discussed in this thread up til now hehe. like how much have u been earning, how much did you get at the 6 week long weekend, and how much do u expect to get at the end of training...

cheers

expect a lot of bullshit the 1st 6 weeks, loads of borin lectures aswell

they ease off you once ya pass off the square, privileges ie tvs etc, hardly ever any inspections, can go round the camp on ya own + leave camp if you want, free time after 5pm is ya own (whereas in week 1 to 6 you get told when to eat speak and sh1t, feel like your bein babysitted at night, after week 6 thers no duty nco "babysitting" you.

you'll get homesick probably... just stick it out + enjoy it.

i've got bayonette fightin this friday cant wait for them to bug us out of bed about 4am haha