how much do you carry on you ??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sirbhp, Nov 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

When I was in the mob we were often told that we had to have at least one days pay in our wallet or we could be charged . In civy st. I used to carry £50 and my cards , the cash was for cabs tips etc.
    Now that I am retired I only carry ten quid a fiver and coins . So how much do you carry about with you on average ?
  2. Next to nothing, reduces temptation to spend.
    • Like Like x 9
  3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Nothing. Debit card in wallet, if I need cash blag it of Ms Skid2
  4. About £10 - £15 if a work day. Other days it depends what I need, petrol, shopping, new pair of jeans and I take it out the hole in the wall. I hate using cards (unless credit card to protect a purchase, flights, internet spending) and cash will always be king!
  5. Depends how long it's been since I hit the ATM, anywhere from 20-300 Euros.
  6. On a work day a few quid in shrap for the coffee machine. Days off not even that, just my DD card should I need it.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Just enough to Spoof with
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Depends what I am going out for,if for a paper,55p. If I'm going on the ale,might break into a £1.Life is good.
  9. Depends how many copies of Big Issue I sell.
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Depends on time of month; Start of Month = 100 - 200 squid and shrapnal / End of Month = Nothing but shrapnal £5 note at most.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. About £4-5 in change unless I'm going somewhere that specifically needs more.
  12. At the most £20 at the beginning of the week which gets whittled down as the week progresses. Petrol etc gets bought on the debit card.

Are you asking so you know which one of us to mug?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Just my Arrse challenge coin.

Not really, I'm not a massive cunt.
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Enough for a packet of tabs and a couple of brews if out the office.