How much different countries pay their soldiers?

Hello,
It's rude to ask a man about his salary and woman her age. I do both, so:
How much do you earn (active duty soldiers pls) per month, after taxes - NET income, incl. all bonuses allowances etc., I mean what lands on your bank account, total and clean?
I serve as a captain, Polish, para duty, and get about 2000 pounds a month - including everything and taxed. Anyone else? Thx!

I never got money, I was paid in Smarties.

This is exactly what I do not want to. I have no idea about foreign tax system, bonus system etc., and no motivation to read all of that. I just ask for concrete example. Is it such a secret?

tgo

LE
This is exactly what I do not want to. I have no idea about foreign tax system, bonus system etc., and no motivation to read all of that. I just ask for concrete example. Is it such a secret?
Just look at what Retd_crab posted, just above yours, it's all there.

Pay.jpg

"Ha ha ha ha, the Poles only get £2,000 per month"

Hello,
It's rude to ask a man about his salary and woman her age. I do both, so:
How much do you earn (active duty soldiers pls) per month, after taxes - NET income, incl. all bonuses allowances etc., I mean what lands on your bank account, total and clean?
I serve as a captain, Polish, para duty, and get about 2000 pounds a month - including everything and taxed. Anyone else? Thx!
Do you have Pay as you dine? Do you have to pay for meals, accommodation, and the likes?

As a Captain, its a bit low - should be nearer the £3k mark, if UK

I am not serving, been out 21 years in fact. But looking up the current equivalent of my trade (Communications Systems Engineer), rank Sgt, with three years in rank, it would be £39,071. I was married and lived out, so no housing charges, food and accomodation etc. Pension is already accounted for in the salary. I did not receive any additonal pay (SF, Para, aircrew, diver etc).

Plugging that number into: The Salary Calculator - Take-Home tax calculator, I get a monthly net salary of £2519.

For comparison, a captain with three years in rank would be £45,552 gross, and £2886 monthly take home, although I don’t believe that would include parachute pay of a couple pounds a day.

Married or single? living in the mess, SLA, MQ? Do you want PAYD and housing charges deducted? Also Mess Bills? As a Captain there will be charges for uniform items not provided at public expense.

In UK certain things are also tax deductibe. So soldier A and soldier B can have different net income. particularly if they receive trade pay or as in your example para pay.

964ST

LE
Married or single? living in the mess, SLA, MQ? Do you want PAYD and housing charges deducted? Also Mess Bills? As a Captain there will be charges for uniform items not provided at public expense.

In UK certain things are also tax deductibe. So soldier A and soldier B can have different net income. particularly if they receive trade pay or as in your example para pay.
Why make it so complicated? There is a table of what YOU earn, and THEN retrospectively apply all that other personal crap?

@Potatolander are you kgb

Why make it so complicated? There is a table of what YOU earn, and THEN retrospectively apply all that other personal crap?
That is why i quoted the gross pay scales as there are so many variables.

For a take home of £2000 a month, i suspect a Cpl could take home more.

Yep.

I was really amazed. Talking to a Rumanian SNCO, been in the Army since 1988, first as a conscript. He was paid .. nothing . Got a uniform a AK and a Bed.

Not a penny, family had to pay for extra food, ciggys and beer.

Even now he was on about 1200 € a month.

The US tables of pay. A Captain is an O3.

Paratroopers receive an extra $150 monthly.

If HALO qualified and in a job requiring the skill an extra $225 monthly.

US military also receive re-enlistment bonuses. These are individually negotiated, usually every four years. If you are good, or have a special skill in short supply you will get offered big $. Examples I was given: A mechanic type would be offered around $8,000 to $12,000. Someone with advanced language skills in Chinese could be offered in excess of $100,000.