How much can JPA take back in one go.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by big_un, Sep 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It will probably come as no suprise that my pay has been incorrect under JPA.

Anyway, when the JPA police come knocking, what are the rules regarding grabbing back what I owe them. Is there any truth in what I have been told.

'They can take upto 50% of main bank pay in one go. However this can only be from a UK bank account payment'

So any info on facts and figures would be helpful, as no doubt they will as always manage to claim it back just in time for xmas!

2. i've had this recently. official explanation was that there would be an entry on my pay statement (which appeared in july) then they would take it back starting two months later, maximum of four days gross pay per month.

but then another amount (incorrect CILOCT) was just taken straight out - over £500 - so no idea why this occurred, i just bit the bullet rather than moan about it.
  3. Its called an NT Overissue.
  4. 4 Days pay is the minimum drawing rate.
  5. minimum or maximum?
  6. Maximum
  7. Yep, getting my minimum and maximum mixed up again, an all to common error....DOH
  8. Don't forget; they can only m ake a claim againt future earnings, they cannot take money from your bank account