How much are we paying these "commonwealth" soldiers??

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Dread99, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just stopped at McDonalds in Swindon (yep I know Shriv. is just down the road) Two dark guys in DPM, I didn,t look too closely but my wife said one was a corporal, I watched them drive off though..the corporal in an S Type jag and the pte in a Porsche Cayenne....staff car drivers???perhaps??

2. The same as everyone else I'd Imagine, and who cares what they spend their wages on - They've earned it probably by saving a packet whilst being on tour.

3. I know atleast three Cpls / Sgts buy sports cars after a few years away...

2nd hand Boxters and TVRs IIRC

4. Would you be asking the question if they were both white?

5. Green-eyed monster here, I think.

6. Seems a bit of a strange question, as they should be paid the rate for their rank and qualifications. Who cares what they spend their money on. If they can save their money up on tour and splash out on something special then good for them.

7. I'd hazard a guess that all BRITISH ARMY SOLDIERS get paid the same regardless of 'darkness'.

8. Good call. What exactly is the point of putting Commonwealth in quotation marks if they were wearing uniforms of Her Majesty's Forces? Wouldn't that make them Commonwealth soldiers regardless of their ancestry or presumed citizenship status?

Give your head a shake.

9. I would hope so if they were from Merseyside.

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

We pay them 3 chickens and a goat per week.

How do you know they were CommonWealth soldiers?

What a bone question.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well since they were black they obviously either stole the cars or they sell drugs - did you note the registrations and call the Police :roll:

12. Probably saved up a deposit on tour and paying HP bit of a non story unless you read the daily mail