How many trained GPs are leavingthe Army?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by theoriginalphantom, Jul 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A conversation yesterday brought up the small matter of staffing levels (not allowed to call it manning anymore ffs). Apparently between 12 and 15 trained, deployable Army GP's have decided to leave in recent weeks.

If this is true then I dread to imagine the impact this will have on the remaining GP's rate of tours. This will surely have a knock on effect on courses, leave, and of course the rate at which more Dr's decide to leave.
  2. A similiar thing happened with the introduction of Common core people coming back from tours to be posted to who was next or next after that a year without recruits hammer blow to morale a lot of people either went long term sick reducing manning even more or signed off. the unit i was with was at about 55% manning.
  3. There are a number of attractive vacancies for junior doctors in Glasgow at the moment. ;-)
  4. Additional rumour is that at least one Dr qualifying as a GP doesn't want to put in his/her paperwork to prove the qual to the army as although it will mean more pay, it will mean a dead cert of being buggered about too much. I wonder if that dr was joking or not...