How many that post are professional civies.

#1
I have not been here that long myself but I am starting to get the distinct impression that serving and ex members of the armed forces are in the minority on ARRSE. Its either that or having just clocked up 68 years, I am so ******* out of touch with modern "yoof" that I am mistakenly branding a lot of fine upstanding blokes as infantile mouthy *********. I could be wrong I suppose, but can anyone take a stab at the number of civies that post as a percentage?
 
#2
Now a semi-professional civvy after 27 years spent in green so can qualify as either a knowledgable chap or an absolute dick-head depending on the subject.

My guess is that around 55% of Arrse-ers have never been in the Forces and spout a load of shite most of the time. The other 45% tend to rant about things I'd get on my high horse over so they're the good chaps and chapesses.

But like you kilo42, I could be wrong!
 
#3
I have not been here that long myself but I am starting to get the distinct impression that serving and ex members of the armed forces are in the minority on ARRSE. Its either that or having just clocked up 68 years, I am so ******* out of touch with modern "yoof" that I am mistakenly branding a lot of fine upstanding blokes as infantile mouthy *********. I could be wrong I suppose, but can anyone take a stab at the number of civies that post as a percentage?
About 99.17%.
 
U

uncle_ho

Guest
#4
My guess is around 60% civvies, around 30% ex army or other, with less than 10% still serving if that.
 
#6
Of course, those still serving shouldn't be swanning round the internet during working hours.

It's an easy way for the bean-counters to identify posts that can be civilianised.
 
#8
I could be wrong I suppose, but can anyone take a stab at the number of civies that post as a percentage?
I thought consensus was that Stabs were civvies?
 
#12
Good luck finding a Strawb with the necessary skills to sit around all day pretending to do my job.
Spoken like a true squaddie. I salute you, sir.

PS. You may wish to delete your post. PM me if you do and I'll make the requisite amendments to my reply.

Fine, fine. Carry on. Good lad.
 

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
#13
I am a professional civvy but the company I work for make me where this silly MTP stuff.
 
#14
I aspire to be a professional civvie, but basic training courses have been axed in order to save money, so I'm doomed to remain an amateur (in the classical sense, of course).
 
#15
I aspire to be a professional civvie, but basic training courses have been axed in order to save money, so I'm doomed to remain an amateur (in the classical sense, of course).
After 24 years in green and 24 years in a suit I suppose I qualify as both,
 
#18
I have not been here that long myself but I am starting to get the distinct impression that serving and ex members of the armed forces are in the minority on ARRSE. Its either that or having just clocked up 68 years, I am so ******* out of touch with modern "yoof" that I am mistakenly branding a lot of fine upstanding blokes as infantile mouthy *********. I could be wrong I suppose, but can anyone take a stab at the number of civies that post as a percentage?
Well, I'm just a professional slob and oxygen thief with 23 years in the Int Corpse under my belt (which is now rapidly expanding), plus a further 22 in the FCO. Hope this meets with your approval.

But you're right. It's just the sheer magnetic image of ARRSE which draws outsiders into the fold; they undoubtedly absorb the ways of us old buggers quickly - let's hope they learn from it.
 
#19
I have not been here that long myself but I am starting to get the distinct impression that serving and ex members of the armed forces are in the minority on ARRSE. Its either that or having just clocked up 68 years, I am so ******* out of touch with modern "yoof" that I am mistakenly branding a lot of fine upstanding blokes as infantile mouthy *********. I could be wrong I suppose, but can anyone take a stab at the number of civies that post as a percentage?
I'm fairly sure that even during your National Service there were a number of infantile mouthy *********. As for me? I'm proud to be the man the Army made me. As to your percentage poser, ask the COs.
 
#20
If CDS is to be believed, attracting civvies to the site gives them the opportunity to absorb some of the higher morals inherent in military personnel. Given this, maybe we can get the MoD to send the COs some dosh to promote the site. The ominous tentacles of state mind control being extended by the military.

As for me; 34% of my life spent pre-army, 60% in green (or sepia apparently, although the PCS looks more sepia than DPM ever did) and the last 6% cashing in on the experience I gained in the previous 60% and the education wasted in the original 34%.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top