How many that post are professional civies.

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by kilo42, Nov 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have not been here that long myself but I am starting to get the distinct impression that serving and ex members of the armed forces are in the minority on ARRSE. Its either that or having just clocked up 68 years, I am so ******* out of touch with modern "yoof" that I am mistakenly branding a lot of fine upstanding blokes as infantile mouthy *********. I could be wrong I suppose, but can anyone take a stab at the number of civies that post as a percentage?

2. Now a semi-professional civvy after 27 years spent in green so can qualify as either a knowledgable chap or an absolute dick-head depending on the subject.

My guess is that around 55% of Arrse-ers have never been in the Forces and spout a load of shite most of the time. The other 45% tend to rant about things I'd get on my high horse over so they're the good chaps and chapesses.

But like you kilo42, I could be wrong!

• Like Like x 4
  3. About 99.17%.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My guess is around 60% civvies, around 30% ex army or other, with less than 10% still serving if that.

5. That low?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Of course, those still serving shouldn't be swanning round the internet during working hours.

It's an easy way for the bean-counters to identify posts that can be civilianised.

7. I'm a serving walt at the moment. Done 15 years in the Airsoft Regiment.

8. I thought consensus was that Stabs were civvies?

• Like Like x 6
  9. There was a poll about this some time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good luck finding a Strawb with the necessary skills to sit around all day pretending to do my job.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Quite right they'll be busy now singing with all this talk of striking.

12. Brotherton Lad

Spoken like a true squaddie. I salute you, sir.

PS. You may wish to delete your post. PM me if you do and I'll make the requisite amendments to my reply.

Fine, fine. Carry on. Good lad.

13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I am a professional civvy but the company I work for make me where this silly MTP stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brotherton Lad

I aspire to be a professional civvie, but basic training courses have been axed in order to save money, so I'm doomed to remain an amateur (in the classical sense, of course).

15. After 24 years in green and 24 years in a suit I suppose I qualify as both,