How many talented rappers, footballers or models will be stabbed in London this year?

How many?

• Less than 50

• 50 to 100

• 100 to 150

• 90 ******* 2

• The more the merrier l

Results are only viewable after voting.
Grime is just gangster rap from the East Coast of America done REALLY badly by rappers from the East Coast of England.

Look at you, getting darn wiv de yoof!
(And FOC)
I am most grateful, typing through the man-flu I appear to have lost my ability to spell.

Not that I was ever an afficiando of Grime, you understand. Whilst i was kicking down the doors of the fans of the music of peace, they still had Tupac posters up (God, that makes me feel old).

Being a chap who likes tweed and Barbour jackets, I was always most likely to 'get down with my bad self' to some Professor Elemental

Grime is just gangster rap from the East Coast of America done REALLY badly by rappers from the East Coast of England.
My homie don't know the hell of Thornton Heath.

What are the recognition features, in the unlikely event I'll encounter some grime?
Grime is typified by complex 2-step, 4x4 breakbeats, generally around 140 beats per minute, or sometimes structured around a double-time rhythm, and constructed from different synth, string and electronic sounds.[3] Stylistically, grime draws on many genres including UK garage, drum and bass, hip hop and dancehall.[14] The lyrics and music combine futuristic electronic elements and dark, guttural basslines.[citation needed]

Grime predominantly evolved from the UK speed garage scene and genre towards the latter stages, although it takes influences from other genres.[citation needed] According to Sasha Frere-Jones of The New Yorker, grime has developed a fierce sound by "distilling" rhythms to a minimal style resulting in a choppy, off-centre sound. Whereas hip hop is inherently dance music, the writer argues that "grime sounds as if it had been made for a boxing gym, one where the fighters have a lot of punching to do but not much room to move."[15] Frere-Jones also states that grime has maintained a style different to hip hop.[15] Hattie Collins supports Frere-Jones' analysis, asserting that grime is "an amalgamation of UK garage with a bit of drum & bass, a splash of punk."[14]

According to Alex de Jong and Marc Schuilenburg, grime music also samples sawtooth wave sounds (chiptunes) from video game music and ringtones which had become part of everyday life in London and other parts of the country;[38] Street Fighter II, for example, is frequently sampled and referenced, as grime is "built around lyrical clashes" which are "equated with Street Fighter’s 1 on 1 battles".[39] British grime lyrics often reference communication technologies popular with artists and listeners such as smartphones and social media.

Grime (music genre) - Wikipedia

There you go, everything you wanted to know about Grime.

Grime is typified by complex 2-step, 4x4 breakbeats, generally around 140 beats per minute, or sometimes structured around a double-time rhythm, and constructed from different synth, string and electronic sounds.[3] Stylistically, grime draws on many genres including UK garage, drum and bass, hip hop and dancehall.[14] The lyrics and music combine futuristic electronic elements and dark, guttural basslines.[citation needed]

Grime predominantly evolved from the UK speed garage scene and genre towards the latter stages, although it takes influences from other genres.[citation needed] According to Sasha Frere-Jones of The New Yorker, grime has developed a fierce sound by "distilling" rhythms to a minimal style resulting in a choppy, off-centre sound. Whereas hip hop is inherently dance music, the writer argues that "grime sounds as if it had been made for a boxing gym, one where the fighters have a lot of punching to do but not much room to move."[15] Frere-Jones also states that grime has maintained a style different to hip hop.[15] Hattie Collins supports Frere-Jones' analysis, asserting that grime is "an amalgamation of UK garage with a bit of drum & bass, a splash of punk."[14]

According to Alex de Jong and Marc Schuilenburg, grime music also samples sawtooth wave sounds (chiptunes) from video game music and ringtones which had become part of everyday life in London and other parts of the country;[38] Street Fighter II, for example, is frequently sampled and referenced, as grime is "built around lyrical clashes" which are "equated with Street Fighter’s 1 on 1 battles".[39] British grime lyrics often reference communication technologies popular with artists and listeners such as smartphones and social media.

Pretty much what I thought. Cheers

Actually, that's far more than I ever wanted / needed to know.
"It's total sh!ite" would have sufficed.

What are the recognition features, in the unlikely event I'll encounter some grime?
If you hear the crack of gunfire, you are probably at the concert.

If you see blood on the street from stabbings, It's probably the way to the concert?

Breaking news that a black guy in New York managed to take down several policemen in a fight. The whole thing was caught on dash cam. It's pretty impressive stuff.

Proof, if needed that you can indeed, polish a turd.

I see Khan has added his particular brand of hypocrisy to the mix asking for urgent meeting with Home Sec, surely this is just "part and parcel of living in a big city" eh Sadiq?