How many talented rappers, footballers or models will be stabbed in London this year? (2019)

How many?

• Less than 50

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 50 to 100

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • 100 to 150

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • 90 ******* 2

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • The more the merrier I

Votes: 95 61.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too soon?

Let's hope that it's less than this year. And the police, and others, aren't restricted by 'right on' types.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
Ooops wrong city

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Too soon?

Let's hope that it's less than this year. And the police, and others, are restricted by 'right on' types.
Wait... Hope it's less?? If you'd said innocent children I'd be on board. Footballers, rappers and models? Meh. My conscience is a bit more relaxed.

Last year was 132 according to the Daily Wail so I'm going for the range 130 - 150 this year.

I think early doors we need to clarify if 31/12/18 (cos its almost the same year) and 1/1/20 are classed as 2019.

Last year was 132 according to the Daily Wail so I'm going for the range 130 - 150 this year.

That's the range my money's on.

Sadiq Khan is up for re-election next year, so expect some sort of purge on knife crime from the late summer onwards.

Sadiq Khan is up for re-election next year, so expect some sort of purge on knife crime from the late summer onwards.
Fire works in the shape of a knife? Whilst the Moscow 13 crew rap battle with the who ever the f*ck they are crew?

Under a trump blimp.

gorillaguts981

War Hero
Purge all you like. If someone is intent on stabbing somebody else up, you can't legislate against it. I've carried a knife since I was 8 when my dad thought I was responsible enough. The only person I've cut or stabbed is me. I've always challenged the term offensive weapon. The offensive bit should only refer to the attitude of the perpetrator. The difficulty lies in detecting what percentage of the knife carrying/using public are stabby little bastards and who are they.

Oh it'll be re-classified as "domestic utensil related exsanguination leading to disenhanced life quality" and removed from the list of reportable incidents.

I imagine he is even now thinking more about how he can cook the books rather than about how to reduce the actual numbers, which he can't really do can he?

For instance rather than individual casualty figures (dead and injured) you could focus on presenting "incidents" so for an attack that resulted in more than one casualty, in the stats it becomes just one stabbing.

Also redefine "stabbing". Suppose someone suffered a graze or scratch as a result of as knife attack, is that really a stabbing? A stab wound is surely a serious injury, a scratch could hardly be considered serious could it?

With a little effort a high number of actual stabbings could be easily whittled down, just make it a figure that sounds encouraging yet plausible, success.

On the other hand if by some miracle the real figure is lower he can claim personal victory, even though any lower figure would be nothing to do with him but rather down to other circumstances.

Will we also get another plateau statement from you know who again sometime in 2019. These people really should be out of a job.

4(T)

LE
I imagine he is even now thinking more about how he can cook the books rather than about how to reduce the actual numbers, which he can't really do can he?

Given his approach to the Police's gang database - "its racist" - I expect Khan will get his buddy Dick to re-classify a chunk of the stabbings as "hate crime". Thus he'll show a reduction in "knife crime", but an increase in "hate crime (due to Brexit/ the Tories)", both of which statistics will suit his agendas nicely.

Under Brexit, plans are for the law to be changed so that the overpaid tw@ts relatives receive a modest settlement and the rest goes back to where it came from, the hard earned people of this country via a massive death tax. This will of course lead to a huge rise in (c)rapper, kissballer and model assassinations, but having my bus service reinstated and some extra money directed towards the Armed Forces, Policing and Education, makes it all ok, right?

04:20 in Camberwell gets them off the mark. 30+ year old female fatally stabbed, perp arrested.

Edit to add link

Woman stabbed to death five hours into the new year becomes London's first knife death of 2019
I walked through that area (daytime hours of course) a few weeks ago. It has all the grim environment factors that breed an all pervasive dog-eat-dog and casual attitude to knife violence, and on a huge scale with grim tower block after grim tower block.

I don't suppose many law abiding citizens venture outdoors at night unless necessary and outsiders stay well outside.

The badlands where you have to look out for yourself as there is no Cavalry to ride to the rescue. I guess carrying a knife for self-protection is one way....

MrMemory

War Hero
Apparently this is the definitive figure as at 23.59hrs 31 12 18.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 17.01.19.png

gorillaguts981

War Hero
Anyone know where I can get a BS rated anti stab vest? much more useful than another knife. I used to fence and there is very little you can do against a short blade, forcefully delivered. Must be less than 30 quid. It's dangerous out here in the wilds of Gloucestershire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads