Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many talented rappers, footballers, models or mentors will be stabbed / shot in London in 2021? (As reported in The Evening Standard)

One choice

• 0-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-75

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 75-100

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 100-125

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • 125-150

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • More that 150

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Not enough

Votes: 62 53.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Your's might, mine involves gunning down rapscallions of all hues and backgrounds!

Such an angry little chrysanthemum.

Perhaps a chorus of kumbaya and a nice cup of herbal tea with sticks floating in it would help...

This young lad was going to be a pilot.

The article does not state if that was RAF or civil but either way, tragically, we will now never know the heights this young chap would have achieved. He will of course be flying with the angels now.

ETA - It does seem he was in the wrong place at the wrong time in this instance.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There are some undoubted tragedies here but isn't it remarkable how unremittingly talented those who get killed are?

"He was going to be..."

No, he wanted to be. I wanted to be a pilot, for instance, but my colour vision put paid to that.

"He was going to be..."

...an architect. Except that he never used to turn up at school and was functionally illiterate and innumerate.

"He was going to be..."

...a record producer. The combat indicators for which, to date, being that he permanently had ear buds in.

"He was going to be..."

...a boxer. Except that he hadn't been seen in a gym in months because he was too busy ribbing mopeds and running county lines.

There are some undoubted tragedies here but isn't it remarkable how unremittingly talented those who get killed are?

"He was going to be..."

No, he wanted to be. I wanted to be a pilot, for instance, but my colour vision put paid to that.

"He was going to be..."

...an architect. Except that he never used to turn up at school and was functionally illiterate and innumerate.

"He was going to be..."

...a record producer. The combat indicators for which, to date, being that he permanently had ear buds in.

"He was going to be..."

...a boxer. Except that he hadn't been seen in a gym in months because he was too busy ribbing mopeds and running county lines.
Things are much worse in the USA. You should see how many potential astronauts they lose each year.

it’s a wonder NASA survives.

"He was going to be..."

"He was going to be..."

"He was going to be..."

"He was going to be..."

MSM always put a 'spin' on it as a distraction from what would otherwise just be a glaring statistical anomoly .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This young lad was going to be a pilot.

The article does not state if that was RAF or civil but either way, tragically, we will now never know the heights this young chap would have achieved. He will of course be flying with the angels now.

ETA - It does seem he was in the wrong place at the wrong time in this instance.
Whoa there, Cochise, he was going to be a pilot but was studying Media at college, not an engineering course or something that might make his dream of being a pilot just a tad easier?

Whoa there, Cochise, he was going to be a pilot but was studying Media at college, not an engineering course or something that might make his dream of being a pilot just a tad easier?
To be fair I've seen a few turn up for training with some weird degrees.

TamH70

MIA

philc

LE
In my part of the world we had a stabbing death 2019, court case is ongoing, the victim was stabbed in the lower back, with the blade nearly coming out the other side, 11 inch in depth the wound, that takes some effort.

Yes the victim was a wrong un, bully, violent drug dealer as are the culprits.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
In my part of the world we had a stabbing death 2019, court case is ongoing, the victim was stabbed in the lower back, with the blade nearly coming out the other side, 11 inch in depth the wound, that takes some effort.

Yes the victim was a wrong un, bully, violent drug dealer as are the culprits.
No.

All stabbing victims 'were in the wrong place at the wrong time'.

This is as equally important to state as how peace-loving and talented they were.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads