How many talented rappers, footballers, models or mentors will be stabbed / shot in London in 2021? (As reported in The Evening Standard)

One choice

• 0-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-75

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 75-100

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • 100-125

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • 125-150

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • More that 150

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • Not enough

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Well a few less bodies will find their way to the mortuary
excellent work by the met
many scum uplifted for meetings without coffee

Stab that glances off the skull?

Why not? The bone is pretty thick and unless it has a decent point and hits on the perpendicular with a fair bit of force, most thrusts will glance off. Head wounds bleed, so plenty of claret.

Trench knives and such have shorter skull crushers to avoid glancing blows doing little but slice the skin.

The_Duke

LE
Question - what do you actually think you are achieving by scanning the Standard so that you can be the first to gleefully post another incident?

Question - what do you actually think you are achieving by scanning the Standard so that you can be the first to gleefully post another incident?
Fair question.

The ES is one of my daily ‘go to’ news sources and (should you bother or indeed care) I am normally cutting about around 0500 most mornings. This means I often get to post the latest stabbing incidents as reported there.

I do not think I do this gleefully.

ETA - Not sure if that answers you question. I am not trying to ‘achieve’ anything other than post relevantly to the thread.

Sombody has to keep a count of these important and traumatic events otherwise us Epsilons won't know what's going on and when to be sad.

News on the subject in question for those of us who do not live in or near London possibly?

The_Duke

LE
Are you really that desperate to follow crime statistics for areas you don't live in? I don't feel a burning need to track violent crime in Glasgow, Paris, New York or Madrid.

Publishing the truth perhaps? As opposed to the media BS.

Are you really that desperate to follow crime statistics for areas you don't live in? I don't feel a burning need to track violent crime in Glasgow, Paris, New York or Madrid.
Wah shield up:

I happen to be English and London is the capital of my country that I visit sometimes so yes of course I am interested in what the crime statistics are and whether I need to don a stab prove vest before leaving the train at Euston. Were I French, American or Spanish I would be just as interested in the crime stats for the other capitals you mention. - Wah shield down.

As a lawyer I am interested in crime statistics in any event but to please you happy to start a thread on "How many talented rappers, footballers etc have not been stabbed in Chester this year"? It may not be the most interesting thread with the usual daily entry of "none but a dog called Fred is missing from Arcadia Avenue, please report sightings".

Someone putting pressure on @The_Duke to close the thread

Thread gone by Easter anyone?

Wah shield up:

I happen to be English and London is the capital of my country that I visit sometimes so yes of course I am interested in what the crime statistics are and whether I need to don a stab prove vest before leaving the train at Euston. Were I French, American or Spanish I would be just as interested in the crime stats for the other capitals you mention. - Wah shield down.

As a lawyer I am interested in crime statistics in any event but to please you happy to start a thread on "How many talented rappers, footballers etc have not been stabbed in Chester this year"? It may not be the most interesting thread with the usual daily entry of "none but a dog called Fred is missing from Arcadia Avenue, please report sightings".
It's also a good indicator of the performance of Ms. Patel and also a diminutive little cockwomble that claims to be the Mayor of said hamlet.

Latest Threads