How many Shotgun Licences?

Does anyone have an idea of how many shotgun licences are held in the UK and also approximately how many shotguns there are?
It's a strange question but there's some-one on a woodlands forum who is spouting nonsense and he is being accepted as the font of all wisdom
Anyway, there are unbelivable numbers of shotguns out there apparently it runs into millions, theres about 1000 held by under 10 year olds (well licences).
It was because of his twaddle that I asked about air pistols operating at over 6ft/lbs

Does anyone have an idea of how many shotgun licences are held in the UK and also approximately how many shotguns there are?
It's a strange question but there's some-one on a woodlands forum who is spouting nonsense and he is being accepted as the font of all wisdom

It was because of his twaddle that I asked about air pistols operating at over 6ft/lbs

Semi-Official figures: England & Wales Firearms and shotgun certificates data by police force | World news | guardian.co.uk

God's own country: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/311804/0098435.pdf

Nobody has a clue about how many shotguns are actually out there. When the registration laws came in, they reckon at least 2 million semi-autos & Pump actions "disappeared".

Seven.

I think thats right?

both wrong its eleventyfour