How many recruits have you seen.....?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Wingletang, Jun 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK - let's get it from the horses mouth(s).

How many new recruits in your TAC at the moment?

Are they staying?

Do they look like they're having a good time?

Is your unit fully recruited?

It's time that we heard it from the coal face - only 30,000 in the TA now - we need to know!
  2. Probably four or five recruits passing through the process at my place at the moment and on paper, we're well recruited. The problem seems to be more with getting those on the books to turn in for more than the absolute bare minimum of time.

3. We've got 7 in the system, thers's this summer challenge thing on which has boosted numbers artifically, how many of them stay on after 1at a guess, the young lads at the moment are either hugging radiators or vehicle maintainence, whilst waiting for trade courses to come 'round. To that end the last time I went in dicked some one to prep pairs F & M for a standby asked them what they wanted to do, answer, anything....standby!
  4. Hmm
  5. 2 or 3 in the last few months but we have split training nights and we only see them no w and then. Not fully recruited and wont be with only 3 coming in if they stay. 14 on drill yesterday.
  6. got a lot at the mo about 10 at my plt and about the same down at Bristol pltn we had to stop recruiting the last 2 months as our or bat was full don't no what were doing right but it sees to be working
  7. We have quite a few. Think its down to our SSGT.
  8. We have quiteafew but we've just run quite a successful recruiting drive a few months ago
  9. Yeah we've got a fair few at the moment, all in different stages. I think there are even a few more on the back-burner (so to speak) waiting to have their medical before parading.
  10. we have 12 recruits in at the moment and we had another 4 come in last night to get the paperwork. We are doing a big recruiting drive at the moment as we need to get another 100 + guys on the books in the next year to get us up to strength.

We have a 70 ish guys on our books but you only ever see them once in a blue moon.
  11. 17 just finished Ph 1 at Annual Camp

New Ph 1 Starts in July

Who know's if they will stay "TA - Like herding cats"

Good time ? "Give em some fun stuff to do"

100% + due to FIS (TA) restructure.

Telic 10 seems to be an attraction too!

Everylittle helps!!
  12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

We had two new ones in last night, not sure about Reading. We are pretty much full strength i think, although missing some on Ops. We had about 12 trained soldiers on parade last night...
  13. OK Ok - this perhaps needs some refinement.

When you reply, perhaps you could confirm how many have been to CMSR since say Jan 1st 2006 and how large your unit is? This will allow a fair comparison from unit to unit. Clearly, 10 in a unit of 300 isn't much but 10 in a unit of 30 is. Ditto drill night turnout. 12 might be good for an independent troop, but pants for a Sqn/Coy of 100.

14. A starter for 10 points...

10 x recruits completed CMSR since 1st Jan 2006

And hopefully 10 more by end of Sept, which is when rumour control says the ATR's will stop running CMSR course stops for 3 months!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :safe:

Company Strength
  15. But then, although they're not traded soldier, wouldn't that make them trained soldiers (as opposed to recruits??)

About 15 recuits, at various stages PRE-CMS(R) and one trained but not yet traded. On an average drill night, we can have between 15 and 30 trained and traded soldiers and 5 - 15 recruits.