How many (proper) fights have you had?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheBigUn, May 15, 2008.

1. None, I'm a lover not a fighter.

2. 1 - 10, Someone else started it/It was self defence.

3. 10 - 50, I was always up for it when I was younger but have calmed down now.

4. 50 - 100, I love a good rumble as long as it's fists only, no blades, glasses etc.

5. 100+ Come on you b@stards, so you think your hard do ya?

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As an extension to the best Naafi bar punch ups thread..............

There is a theme developing here isn't there? :D

I reckon my total is easily around the 50 mark if you include early 80's football matches and the various Naafi and nightclub punch ups over the years. :wink:

Any advance on 50?
  2. None
    I'm a pacifist. Don't believe in un-necessary violence.
    Where the boundary lies that makes it necessary is a little flexable I suppose.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

er, well, that's me voted for 50-100.

I'm an unpleasant, mouthy, obnoxious and feisty short-arrse with er, a heart of gold, and a sense of right and wrong, and the willingness to batter some b@stard who richly deserves it.

That of course was in the bad old days. These days I'm far more mellow, sensible, wary, old and prefer action in the sack rather than on the floor.

I've had a few where weapons were involved, so I've had to improvise.

Fighting is bad for your health, your teeth, jaw, skull and other limbs. I'be got a 5-tooth bridge, a piece missing from my jaw, lots of scars, had a fractured skull and eye socket, nearly had my thumb bitten off and still get jip from one knee.

Don't do it, it's not big, and it's not clever.
  4. The best one I had was in '91. Me and a few mates took on around 100,000+ Iraqis (if the reports were to be believed) and whupped 'em.
  5. Your cooking that bad then?
  6. What a nob thread
  7. Surprisingly few. Maybe it's the 6'5'', 16 stone frame, maybe it's the growling Scots voice, or the facial scar (accident with barbed-wire at Whinny Hill, rather than duelling at Heidelberg or killing my first lion) that convinces folk I'm a placid and amiable chap.

Whatever the reason, people involved in fights have always tended to whirl round with clenched fists as I brushed past on my way out, only to drop their mitts rapidly and apologise that they thought I was someone else.
  8. I'm having a fight right now, which makes typing really difficult...
  9. Was waiting for that one :D
  10. Not that many, but when I was 20 I could take on someone twice my age, and still can at 50+.
  11. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

none - we plain and simple arrest those who start fights :D
  12. What about those that finish the fights :wink:
  13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I always talk my way out of fights because I'm a wuss. Got in one once, and I've still got a scar on my forehead. Bloody emos and their silly spiky hair.

Strangely I've had a lot more near misses (and good views of the ones that didn't miss) since I've started drinking with soldiers...
  14. A coupla here and there, mostly scrapping at school, but as smart as carrots said, being 6'5" and getting on for 15 stone tends to discourage people.

Apart from the little bantam weight bastards who think they can fight their way through a tribe of amazons when they're pissed.
  15. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

we did so :lol: