How many postings is too many?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Tumanfa, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im hoping someone could shed abit of light or offer me some advise.

My hubby has recently put his termination in, think the offical date is in april that he gets out.
    Anyway we are currently in the uk but due to return to the battalion in sept out in germany. We dont know the exact date but have been told we will most likely only be there a few months before moving on to cyprus.
    So we will have 2 moves in the space of a few months.

Does anyone know anyway around having 2 moves so close together, we have asked to extend the posting in the uk untill april but we are still waiting and have basically been told now his termination is in they wont give a .......

I know the obvious answer is for him to be unaccompanied but the longer we stay here the more we can build up in the bank.

Also we have been told the army wont pay for our final move, but as we will be in either germany or cyprus will they offer any assistance?

Any help would be great.

2. Hey, see your Messages.

3. Im pretty sure, although willing to be stand corrected that the last 6 months if possible the Unit should allow you to be based in the UK to sort your lifes out, even more so if he as you said is Uk based.

Anyone else out there willing to offer any help or knows the correct JSP, i have tried searching.

4. It depends if hubby is support arms or teeth arm.

If he is a chef, or SPS, or REME, he will probably be told that he hasn't a hope in hell of getting his last 6 months in the UK due to the LACK of MANPWER availability. :(

If however he is a teeth arm his CO will probably put in a good word with a CO of another Inf/Cav Regt near where you want to settle. He can then spend his last 6 months in the garden, or if you don't have a garden, in the scullery washing the dishes!!!! :wink:

OR

You could buy a house, he does a few months unaccompanied, gets hs terminal leave and resettlement near your house and voila, problem solved.

Oh, good luck by the way. :D

5. Support arms...teeth arms??? Means nothing to me, hubby gets mad as I barely remember what Battalion he is in lol He is infantry.

The div cpt of where we are now would like to keep him here as they need nco's but just depends on what they say back in battalion.

Thank you for all your help everyone just a waiting game now....