How many poppies do you get through?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sentinel, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I normally get through about five from the moment my poppy seller appears (at Fenchurch Street station) until remembrance day. I always lose them and end up buying another! I lose them on the tube, at work in the office, in the street, at home - everywhere! Is it just me or do others keep having to buy poppies?

On the plus side I normally donate a fiver a go, which means at least £25 donated!

2. Similar. I either lose them when the pin falls out or I forget which coat they are on

3. Well mine's mahoosive and cost me £30 so I'm better than you.
    Due to it's immense radius I don't lose it either which means I can use it for up to 10 years - achieving the aim of "caring" more than you - at a fraction of the cost.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I've had the same poppy since I was first voluntold to get one in 1986. It's fabloned to make it impervious to rain showers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I normally have one for my suit, one for work and one spare.

6. look at me!!!!!

7. Just the one, it's behind my beret badge so never gets lost or forgotten

8. Why dontcha just get one tattooed for 25 notes?

This will save you from "losing" them (try using the pin, its included in the price) :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

About one every 3 or 4 years.....

10. Well I grow mine from scratch - fertilising the soil with my very own blood from my freshly cheesegrated foreskin.

11. I picked up a poppy off the floor of Waitrose, or was it Lid, today. I noticed that it was stuck to the floor. Is this the 2012 version of the poppy? A pin-less poppy that uses some type of adhesive to stick (badly it appears) to clothes? Elf n' safety gone mad. Where were these leeches in WW1??

12. I get mine free on the tube, they're lying all over the floor.

13. I refuse to wear one on the grounds that I love to see muppets with the veins throbbing in their necks emoting about how terrible it is.

• Like Like x 3
  14. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Dealer's bringing round some later, entirely dependent on whether it's a light or heavy weekend.
    Stones were good in Paris.

15. The first one disintegrated after five or six years. With them being so fragile, I didn't think it was worth getting another one.

Nothing's built to last these days - still, it's saved me a couple of quid over the years.