How many poppies do you get through?

I normally get through about five from the moment my poppy seller appears (at Fenchurch Street station) until remembrance day. I always lose them and end up buying another! I lose them on the tube, at work in the office, in the street, at home - everywhere! Is it just me or do others keep having to buy poppies?

On the plus side I normally donate a fiver a go, which means at least £25 donated!

Similar. I either lose them when the pin falls out or I forget which coat they are on

Well mine's mahoosive and cost me £30 so I'm better than you.
Due to it's immense radius I don't lose it either which means I can use it for up to 10 years - achieving the aim of "caring" more than you - at a fraction of the cost.

I normally have one for my suit, one for work and one spare.

i normally get through about five from the moment my poppy seller appears (at fenchurch street station) until remembrance day. I always lose them and end up buying another! I lose them on the tube, at work in the office, in the street, at home - everywhere! Is it just me or do others keep having to buy poppies?

On the plus side i normally donate a fiver a go, which means at least £25 donated!

look at me!!!!!

Just the one, it's behind my beret badge so never gets lost or forgotten

I normally get through about five from the moment my poppy seller appears (at Fenchurch Street station) until remembrance day. I always lose them and end up buying another! I lose them on the tube, at work in the office, in the street, at home - everywhere! Is it just me or do others keep having to buy poppies?

On the plus side I normally donate a fiver a go, which means at least £25 donated!
Why dontcha just get one tattooed for 25 notes?

This will save you from "losing" them (try using the pin, its included in the price) :)

Well I grow mine from scratch - fertilising the soil with my very own blood from my freshly cheesegrated foreskin.

I picked up a poppy off the floor of Waitrose, or was it Lid, today. I noticed that it was stuck to the floor. Is this the 2012 version of the poppy? A pin-less poppy that uses some type of adhesive to stick (badly it appears) to clothes? Elf n' safety gone mad. Where were these leeches in WW1??

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Dealer's bringing round some later, entirely dependent on whether it's a light or heavy weekend.
Stones were good in Paris.

T

Taffd

The first one disintegrated after five or six years. With them being so fragile, I didn't think it was worth getting another one.

Nothing's built to last these days - still, it's saved me a couple of quid over the years.

I was going to write something flippant - but that wouldn't be fitting op a Poppy thread.

I get through about 8 boxes in total between now and 11th November, selling them to slack ******* who keep dropping them.

I've had the same poppy since I was first voluntold to get one in 1986. It's fabloned to make it impervious to rain showers.
I pick up from the floor, those that have fallen off other people's coats. I then iron them and wear them. I haven't bought a poppy in years. Bloody charity cases should get off their arses and get a job.

My mates in Luton are gonna get a big load of poppies - and not just the little bog standard ones, either - and set fire to them on Remembrance Sunday. Some quaint custom of theirs.