Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 28 5.2%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 54 10.0%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 438 81.3%

• Total voters
The lack of flash-to-bang time for a start. I'm no scientist but that speaks volumns.
I think it has been previously covered on here, however - in this, unlike other vaccines, they threw the kitchen sink at it.

There is little profit in vaccines - okay they make millions, but as a percentage of profits it is tiny. And why spend billions to make a few millions profit from vaccines when you can splash out a few million for a new antacid that will rake in billions.

In this the government and charitable institutions threw research money at the firms.
All the ethical, lab and financial committees were told to answer their emails NOW and not meet up every 3 months to consider making a decision at the next meeting.
Labs, funding, computers, analysts, lab techs etc were all made available - as were lab animals.
Volunteers came forward in their 10’s of thousands - normally in trials you struggle for years to fulfil the required cohort numbers but in the US they got 140,000 (IIRC) almost immediately.
And because the disease was so prevalent the placebo cohort got the required number of infections needed to demonstrate efficacy in a very short time.

What people should be screaming about is why does it take so long to create a vaccine for kids being born with funny looking heads in the third world when we can knock one out in months when old white men are going to die instead?

All of this is available open source by the way, this explains some of it quite well.

The lack of flash-to-bang time for a start. I'm no scientist but that speaks volumns.

As explained above, if "you do your own research " it becomes very apparent, very quickly how it was achieved.

What you should now be asking is why does it take so long for other medicines to be produced? Why have we not done the same for other killers like malaria or HIV for instance.

That's where the scandal is.

Why don't we collaborate on a national and international scale more often? If we did, we could tackle one major disease at a time and eradicate them, one by one.

So you would have lined up and got your jabs in Ph1, then reported to the med centre when needed (I think I am on MMR number 6) upon pain of pain (or interview without coffee as to why you are now undeployable)?

So you would have lined up and got your jabs in Ph1, then reported to the med centre when needed (I think I am on MMR number 6) upon pain of pain (or interview without coffee as to why you are now undeployable)?
The Black Death was still doing the rounds when I joined mate, and there was no Ph1 or Ph2.
I'm not 'anti vax'; I'm just not having this one, not least because of what happened when the GW1 generation were similarly rushed ;)

Last edited:
The Black Death was still doing the rounds when I joined mate, and there was no Ph1 or Ph2.
I'm not 'anti vax'; I'm just not having this one, not least because of what happened when the GW1 generation were similarly rushed ;)
As shown, it wasn’t rushed.

I think bubonic plague is still kicking around by the way!

As explained above, if "you do your own research " it becomes very apparent, very quickly how it was achieved.

What you should now be asking is why does it take so long for other medicines to be produced? Why have we not done the same for other killers like malaria or HIV for instance.

That's where the scandal is.

Why don't we collaborate on a national and international scale more often? If we did, we could tackle one major disease at a time and eradicate them, one by one.
Aye, added to which, much of the research had already been done following the MERS/SARS outbreaks years earlier; it just got put on the back burner when they fizzled out.

It was just a matter of dusting off what had already been done and picking up the threads again.

For my current role, I have to demonstrate vaccination (or immunity through a childhood infection)

Hep B
TB (both by Mantoux test and a chest xray)
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Chickenpox
Diphtheria
Polio
Tetanus

Those are all mandatory.

I am offered annual flu vaccines.

Obviously covid vaccine as well. Got that early as a vaccinator rather than as usual job.

What vaccines were rushed for GW1?

IIRC, they were all established vaccines