How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 21 4.0%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 51 9.8%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 432 82.8%

• Total voters
This doesn't sound too good at all

What scares you?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What scares you?

This might give those who believe that better to get it and then be immune due to your own antibodies cause for concern
" Interestingly, the individual who was antibody positive prior to vaccination was not more prone to generating neutralizing antibodies as compared to the rest of the participants, suggesting that prior potential infection ()may not generate long-lasting protection in the perspective of neutralizing antibody production."

Maalox

On ROPS
On ROPs
What scares you?

From the paper's abstract:

Reduction of CD8+ T cells and increase in classic monocyte contents were exemplary.
&
Surprisingly, type I interferon responses, which had been linked to reduced damages after SARS-CoV-2 infection and milder symptoms, appeared to be reduced after vaccination, at least by 28 days post the 1st inoculation. This might suggest that in the short-term (1 month) after vaccination, a person’s immune system is in a non-privileged state, and may require more protection.

The paper confirms that the vaccines mimic covid-19 infection with equal pathogenesis consequences.

Also you are immunocompromised 28 days after the jabs making you weaker than unvaccinated people.

Also confirms those who already have co-morbidities are going to be much worse off if they take the jabs (diabetics especially).

Last edited:
From the paper's abstract:

Reduction of CD8+ T cells and increase in classic monocyte contents were exemplary.
&
Surprisingly, type I interferon responses, which had been linked to reduced damages after SARS-CoV-2 infection and milder symptoms, appeared to be reduced after vaccination, at least by 28 days post the 1st inoculation. This might suggest that in the short-term (1 month) after vaccination, a person’s immune system is in a non-privileged state, and may require more protection.
Yes, you quoted from the article. Now explain why the article scares you.

It's just part of the Chinese effort to destroy the West. You know, like spreading the virus in the first place.
The vaccine referred to in this study isn't even authorised for use in the UK.

Friday tests negative. No contact with anyone over the weekend, parents negative. Monday receives the Flu Vaccination via a Nasal Spray, a mist containing liquid carrying a virus.

Tuesday child tests positive. Far too much of a coincidence as far as I'm concerned.
Given citric acid will cause a false positive on a lateral flow test I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

What are our chances of preventing this new South African Variant from entering the UK?

If it does get here and runs riot what are the chances of a full lockdown before the year is out?

And why do these variants seem to crop up in places like India and other shit holes abroad.

GDog

Old-Salt
What are our chances of preventing this new South African Variant from entering the UK?

If it does get here and runs riot what are the chances of a full lockdown before the year is out?

And why do these variants seem to crop up in places like India and other shit holes abroad.
Like Kent?

When not if. ETA Maybe already. ETA 2 Yes, already.

How do we know its going to run riot.

China and India? Because thats most of the human race. Buy more tickets, win more prizes.

Last edited:

There is no chance, such is the nature of viral spread. However, delaying the inevitable gives us more chance to assess the situation, react effectively and perhaps develop a clinical solution.

It is good that HMG seem, for once, to be taking a more speedy approach.

It has to be said that the true nature of this new variant has yet to be quantified, although it seems that enough is known to be raising a few eyebrows.

The less transmission the less likelihood of new variants, so the chances of keeping this variant out of the UK is slim IMHO. Lockdowns are dictated by the NHS, so if it causes a wad of hospitalization then there'd most likely be Lockdowns or added restrictions.

I think the trolls have been fed enough now. With a bit of luck they're full and can hibernate all over the Winter (though I doubt it).

The less transmission the less likelihood of new variants, so the chances of keeping this variant out of the UK is slim IMHO. Lockdowns are dictated by the NHS, so if it causes a wad of hospitalization then there'd most likely be Lockdowns or added restrictions.

The UK is going to lockdown to 'save' or cancel xmas regardless.

I'm generally of the understanding that a virus will trade off lethality for transmissibility, so while there will be more cases we'll see how this results in hospitalisation rates.

The UK is going to lockdown to 'save' or cancel xmas regardless.

I'm generally of the understanding that a virus will trade off lethality for transmissibility, so while there will be more cases we'll see how this results in hospitalisation rates.

Well that didn't take long FFS.

We are fooked again aren't we. Lockdown indeed, bring it on I've had enough already.

Latest Threads