Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 46 12.0%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 314 82.2%

• Total voters

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
After a bit of reflection on the matter, I'll take it.

Not over keen, I don't like taking medication if I don't have to but Covid vaccine is a sensible option.
I'd rather have the Oxford vaccine and by the time my turn comes around thats probably what I'll get anyway.

Unless of course anybody tells me I must have it in which case I'll tell them to ram it but only because I'm a contrary fecker.

:) been reading my ASR's ?

Seems that contrary to my life-long belief that I'm just a biddable pussycat, I am classed as ' difficult to manage'.

Thought those days were s-o-o-o-o-o- far behind me....apparently not .

Anyway, some may be familiar with Dr John Campbell - here's his take:

PS - Your Rt Hon Ms Abbott should plan on getting the vaccine soon.
She can take her place in the queue like everybody else. If she pops her clogs before getting the jab then ...tough!!

Dr Van Tam, in answering a question earlier whether school teachers/university lecturers should be in the first group to be innocculated, said that the vaccine will be administered according to the phases already set out, i.e. generally age based although NHS staff would also be a high priority.

Sabretooth

War Hero
Lots of people have died of WuFlu... nobody has died of the vaccine.

It really isn’t the job of the like of Arrse to reassure the doubters. That is the job of the scientists, health care professionals and politicians but if your concerns outweigh your willingness to have the vaccine then don’t have the vaccine. Who cares?

The more anti-vaxxers there are (for whatever reason), the faster those who want it will get it.
A report to day said that former Presidents BUSH< CLINTON AND OBAMA have volunteered to have the first shots in the US in order to promote safe vaccinations against Covid. However the CDC and FDA say you need two shots at least one month apart.
I also believe not having the vaccination will be illegal because of medical costs for those whom get the virus and need the ICU.. Besides at my age, I have to go sometime, if it the Virus so be it...

A report to day said that former Presidents BUSH< CLINTON AND OBAMA have volunteered to have the first shots in the US in order to promote safe vaccinations against Covid. However the CDC and FDA say you need two shots at least one month apart.
I also believe not having the vaccination will be illegal because of medical costs for those whom get the virus and need the ICU.. Besides at my age, I have to go sometime, if it the Virus so be it...
That would be a good thing. People expect presidents to get the best care and if they know they got the vaccine they will be more likely to accept vaccination themselves.
maybe the UK should put some royals to the front of the queue to reassure the public about the vaccine.

That would be a good thing. People expect presidents to get the best care and if they know they got the vaccine they will be more likely to accept vaccination themselves.
maybe the UK should put some royals to the front of the queue to reassure the public about the vaccine.
HMQ and the good Duke will both be in at risk groups so are already nearly at the front of the line.

However I agree it needs to be made a lot of.

cam net

Old-Salt
That did make me chuckle, thank you for the laugh.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In addition, the drug companies and regulators worked in parallel with evaluation. This, too, has saved loads of time.

And a huge influx of volunteers for the trial, can take years to take 30,000 necessary, Covid was matter of days

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I will admit to having been sceptical about it at first but did my reading in multiple sources, as well as having to do some on line training in case I have to deliver it)
and am happy enough to have it and more importantly happy to administer it, even to own family and friends which I think is a benchmark for many health professionals.

I will admit to having been sceptical about it at first but did my reading in multiple sources, as well as having to do some on line training in case I have to deliver it)
and am happy enough to have it and more importantly happy to administer it, even to own family and friends which I think is a benchmark for many health professionals.
Besides, you might save on a few Christmas presents. Every cloud...

It's not the Royals who have been ******* the people around while ignoring the rules themselves, it's the politicians! They should absolutely be the first to have televised covid vaccines. Putting the peoples worries to rest so to speak, but they wont, all the while preaching as normal.

glad to hear they can use dentists. Here it is basically same training for MD's and DMDs except dentists specialize in one specific area of the body.
A few years ago during a flu outbreak the Massachusetts governor allowing Dentists, Podiatrists, Nurses, Paramedics and Veterinarians to vaccinate. Same rules prevail now.
(Here vets have the same 8 years of study as doctors MD's treat one species, DVMs treat any species but one)

I’ve worn a mask on a handful of occasions, I don't use stupid anti bacterial shit and social distancing is pointless, her indoors is a teacher so I’ve had 3 covid tests all negative. Here in Alberta there has been 11 deaths from covid and 413 with a minimum of 3 other causes, the average age of death 82. On the upside the scientific community appear to have cured old age because nobody dies of old age anymore. If you examine the National and global figures of annual total deaths they are below average. Vaccine no @#*&$ way.

I’ve worn a mask on a handful of occasions, I don't use stupid anti bacterial shit and social distancing is pointless, her indoors is a teacher so I’ve had 3 covid tests all negative. Here in Alberta there has been 11 deaths from covid and 413 with a minimum of 3 other causes, the average age of death 82. On the upside the scientific community appear to have cured old age because nobody dies of old age anymore. If you examine the National and global figures of annual total deaths they are below average. Vaccine no @#*&$ way.
Alberta has an area more than two and a half times that of the UK. It has a population of roughly 4.4 million people compared to the UK's 65+ million. Alberta has a population density of 6 per square kilometre compared to the UK's 279 per square kilometre. It's hardly surprising there's been so few infections and deaths attributed to Covid when there's far less chance of actually bumping into someone else who's got it.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
From The Economist - SOURCE

<< Safety first

The speed with which this anticovid vaccine and others are moving through some of the world’s regulatory systems is a result of rolling reviews of their trials.

Instead of waiting for firms to collate and submit full data-and-safety packages, regulators have studied results as they became available.

For some, though, things are not moving quickly enough. On December 1st, the day before Britain’s announcement, Stephen Hahn, the head of America’s Food and Drug Administration [FDA], was summoned to the White House to answer questions about why his agency has not moved faster to approve bnt162b2 .

As it happens, both the FDA and its counterpart in the European Union, the European Medicines Agency, have arranged public meetings in coming weeks in which covid-19 vaccines will be discussed ahead of regulatory decisions.

Melanie Ivarsson, chief development officer at Moderna, an American firm that announced encouraging results for its own vaccine Mrna-1273 , a week after Pfizer and BioNTech, said these were important, as they allow independent experts to look at the safety and the analysis, and also let the public ask questions—something that will build confidence in these vaccines.

“We want people to feel really comfortable,” says Dr Ivarsson.....

The Economist
piece continues:

" Ultimately all decisions to approve medicines are made on a balance of risks versus benefits. For the approval of a vaccine, however, the likely benefits must vastly outweigh the possible risks. This is because, unlike drugs, which are generally prescribed to those who are already sick, vaccines are usually administered to healthy people.

The MHRA for one, takes advice from an independent scientific committee in making its choices. But, though its members will have taken into account many factors when deciding to grant emergency authorisation to bnt162b2, one brutal calculation will surely have been near the fronts of their minds.

This is that each day of waiting will be measured in lost lives.

In Britain alone, on the day the government gave permission to use bnt162b2 , covid-19 killed 603 people. >>

Last edited:
I would only accept the AstraZenica / Oxford vaccine, however that is now in doubt now they suggest they link up with the Russians - no not for me

Archie

HMQ and the good Duke will both be in at risk groups so are already nearly at the front of the line.

However I agree it needs to be made a lot of.
Mules, Men, Self. If it were completely their choice I'd put a fiver on them being last in their cohort or as near as could be managed.

Have you considered the possibility that your luck may be down to other people taking those measures?

Latest Threads