How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 377 83.8%

• Total voters
We are also being affected by vaccine availability up here.

And we are concentrating on 2nd doses, so those who did not get their 1st dose are having to wait even longer
You're doing alright up there compared with Lothian, though. They have the slowest roll-out in Scotland.

1619443792873.png

We didn't rely on mass vaccine centres. Didn't suit our geography.
We have a mix in Tayside. I had both of mine at the GP, whereas my wife had to go to the mass centre in Perth. We are the same age, but I am a higher priority group due to being asked to shield.

We are also being affected by vaccine availability up here.

And we are concentrating on 2nd doses, so those who did not get their 1st dose are having to wait even longer
We're having the opposite problem in many parts of the US - excess capacity. Vaccinations are starting to lag in red states due to hesitancy or resistance, and the government is having trouble coming up with an effective strategy.

COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy ticks down but many remain opposed - CBS News poll

endure

GCM

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had my 2nd Pfizer on Friday, no side effects, just the obligatory sore/tender part of the arm. Only downside to the whole day was being stung for a 100 quid FPN by Lambeth council due to my cigarette butt bouncing off the side of the receptacle and hitting the deck, all observed by an eagle eyed street warden from around 10 yds away. I'd aimed for the bin and was convinced it went in so didn't see it hit the side and bounce out, so that was the day's going out money gone!

Latest Threads