How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 48 11.0%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 365 83.3%

• Total voters
"Because if we don’t reach herd immunity by having a certain percentage of the population vaccinated then it will remain in the community." If you're vaccinated then what are you worried about? Democratic society and all that remember? Nuremberg Code, ever heard of it? I think you should read up on it. Nuremberg Code.
Once more - because I am not a jack **** and I care about others. Even in the Boy Scouts that was though to be an important factor (to think of others before yourself). See my list as to why herd immunity is important.

And despite the whining of the morons as the vaccination campaign is not a medical experiment, the Nuremburg code does not apply.
Fair enough. But do you see how my mind works? I always question everything, especially if it comes from proven liars like the mainstream media and governments.
And yet you swallow down whole the lies of the ratlickers and conspiraloons and do not bother to carry out the minimal amount of critical thinking with regards to their disproven theories.

Once more - because I am not a jack **** and I care about others. Even in the Boy Scouts that was though to be an important factor (to think of others before yourself). See my list as to why herd immunity is important.

And despite the whining of the morons as the vaccination campaign is not a medical experiment, the Nuremburg code does not apply.

And yet you swallow down whole the lies of the ratlickers and conspiraloons and do not bother to carry out the minimal amount of critical thinking with regards to their disproven theories.
You can't go around bullying people into taking something they don't want. Just because you want to have a pint in the pub! My body my choice. Are you a commie or what? I think you would enjoy a holiday in North Korea?

"Because if we don’t reach herd immunity by having a certain percentage of the population vaccinated then it will remain in the community." If you're vaccinated then what are you worried about? Democratic society and all that remember? Nuremberg Code, ever heard of it? I think you should read up on it. Nuremberg Code.
Because if we don't have herd immunity there is a risk a mutation that the vaccine which those of us who are socially responsible have had becoming ineffective and putting us back to March last year. Or worse.

Nuremburg code: yes, and I actually understand it. If you choose note to have the vaccine then fair enough, but make that decision understanding the implications for you, your family and society. And base it on facts not Karen of Facebook U.

The vaccine is safe for most, unless they are contra indicated (like all medicine) and has been rigorously tested.

Grow up, grow some social responsibility and apply that critical thinking you claim to value.

Because if we don't have herd immunity there is a risk a mutation that the vaccine which those of us who are socially responsible have had becoming ineffective and putting us back to March last year. Or worse.

Nuremburg code: yes, and I actually understand it. If you choose note to have the vaccine then fair enough, but make that decision understanding the implications for you, your family and society. And base it on facts not Karen of Facebook U.

The vaccine is safe for most, unless they are contra indicated (like all medicine) and has been rigorously tested.

Grow up, grow some social responsibility and apply that critical thinking you claim to value.
"If you choose note to have the vaccine then fair enough" Thank you, sunk in at last! Never had facebook but I have got a feeling you do, so you would no more about Karen than I would?

You can't go around bullying people into taking something they don't want. Just because you want to have a pint in the pub! My body my choice. Are you a commie or what? I think you would enjoy a holiday in North Korea?
Nice attempt to turn that around on me, but an utter and complete fail.

You are the selfish one who wants a life full of rights but no responsibility - those who vaccinate seek to do so (well I do anyway) because by doing so we are protecting the wider society.

Achieving herd immunity to protect the vulnerable, to stop mutant variants, etc - all as I stated. Your unwillingness to accept science does not refute it. Furthermore, your selfishness and unwillingness to accept your civic responsibilities marks you. I have no doubt that there are a few more like you who do not care about their fellow man and are as self-centred as a gyroscope (not to mention unable to comprehend their own stupidity in this).

Fortunately you are in a tiny minority.

"If you choose note to have the vaccine then fair enough" Thank you, sunk in at last! Never had facebook but I have got a feeling you do, so you would no more about Karen than I would?
You are definitely not ex-military and have no association with it in any way.

Your selfishness would see you booted by the end of week 1 of basic.

happyuk

War Hero
You wanna trust this pair of grinning gibbons, go ahead.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Although I've had both jabs my concern is for a very aged friend. She has managed to be widowed twice, is disabled thanks to early days radiotherapy and is now undergoing chemotherapy for current cancerous growths. Having been told she should wait until an oncologist gave her the OK, vaccination date went by although both she and I had phoned her local surgery informing them that the lady concerned had been told she must still isolate and therefore needed a drive-through injection.
Since being told it is OK to have the jabs the NHS is rearing it's ugly head again because every time she phones the surgery she is told someone will get in touch again, and again, and again. This has been going on for weeks and I only found out today but will get involved tomorrow. So much for the NHS and its fantastic amount of jabs given. It seems that there is no time for sick people but I notice strikes are threatened to achieve more pay. All that seems to matter is the "face" to be displayed for the population.
Annoyed? Of course I am when I consider there must be thousands of people in similar conditions who are being ignored for the whim of administrative people within the NHS.

happyuk

War Hero
Think of it as an intelligence test. You've failed.
Why is it an intelligence test? To pick out the smirk on Gates’ face you mean?
And what makes these people know better than anyone else?
Assholes all of them.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Although I've had both jabs my concern is for a very aged friend. She has managed to be widowed twice, is disabled thanks to early days radiotherapy and is now undergoing chemotherapy for current cancerous growths. Having been told she should wait until an oncologist gave her the OK, vaccination date went by although both she and I had phoned her local surgery informing them that the lady concerned had been told she must still isolate and therefore needed a drive-through injection.
Since being told it is OK to have the jabs the NHS is rearing it's ugly head again because every time she phones the surgery she is told someone will get in touch again, and again, and again. This has been going on for weeks and I only found out today but will get involved tomorrow. So much for the NHS and its fantastic amount of jabs given. It seems that there is no time for sick people but I notice strikes are threatened to achieve more pay. All that seems to matter is the "face" to be displayed for the population.
Annoyed? Of course I am when I consider there must be thousands of people in similar conditions who are being ignored for the whim of administrative people within the NHS.

Unfortunately it's different in every area but you might have better luck bypassing the GP.

See if your local health board has a community vaccine team. One that does care homes and home visits.

oldbaldy

LE
Thread cleaned, this about covid19 vaccinations & not theories about the Twin Towers or Lockerbie.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately it's different in every area but you might have better luck bypassing the GP.

See if your local health board has a community vaccine team. One that does care homes and home visits.

Tried this morning and failed.

Thread cleaned, this about covid19 vaccinations & not theories about the Twin Towers or Lockerbie.
I thought it quite interesting that every anti-vaccination character inevitably ends up supporting the whole gamut of kooky theories (and equally inevitably ends up outing themselves as an anti-semite)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads