How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 377 83.8%

• Total voters

Slime

LE
Uh oh! Didn’t you hear about the interaction between the AZ vaccine and apple based spirit?
Bugger - that weren't on t'paperwork.

Must be down to the fFrench alcohol effect.

Crikey, it gets worse - I seem to be wanting to shag something 40 years older than wot I is.

Is there a Macron vaccine?

I expected some side effects, reading stuff online. But i still think that I am imortal and half a milligram of stuff shoved in my arm will never affect me.
Too true.
apart from you missing the second "m" in "immortal".

it may be one of them there effects though, so don't worry.

I had founded since my first jab after running in the 6:10 at Taunton that I keeps forgetterisating capitals.

how one could ever forget the cesspit that is London is beyond me.

Had my first Jab on Saturday at 16:25 at Askam Bar in York, very slick no waiting and in and out in 5-10 minutes, asked to wait for 15 as driving. No issues at all after except a slighly achy arm. It wasnt bad though as went paragliding today.
Had AZ.

Just had the first one at Epsom Race Course. Impressively efficient, time between parking and getting jabbed was no more than 10 minutes. 15 minute wake to check I didn't turn into a zombie, and on my way again. Oxford AstraZeneca.

Had mine on Saturday. Chills, aches and a general feeling of encrapness kept me in bed Sunday, apart from that, a slight headache.

It was all remarkably well organised. Until I turned up, that is.

I received a text this afternoon from my GP surgery saying I was eligible. Followed the link and chose a booking for Saturday 1020. Piece of cake. Then I re-looked at the date and that’s Saturday as in tomorrow.
I’m 48, so the text was a surprise. My only health issue is high blood pressure (urine/kidney test coming soon in the post), but I’m generally fit and healthy.
I’m quite impressed, as I assumed I would be waiting for a while.
I really don’t mind being back of the queue, and those whose deserve it more than me could, and should, go ahead. But to ignore this is more paperwork headaches so I’m in.
My BiL is older and refuses to get the jab, claiming “needle phobia”. I will call him after and taunt him.

After being "stuck" in Blighty for 2.5 months and making it back to Israel, quarantine at home (the negative test result on the 9th day meant it would be 10, not 14 days), I finally got my first jab from my healthcare provider yesterday morning. No side effects except for aching in the upper arm.
It was a slick mass vaccination operation that regrettably did not seem to be overwhelmed with customers. Currently, anyone aged 16 or over can get vaccinated.
There's an automatic appointment system via phone or web The centre is set up in the corner of a parking lot under a city centre shopping mall - made sense since malls have been mostly closed until very recently (drywall partitions, extra ventilation, entry and exit places separate.) At least two of the injecters appeared to have been seconded from the IDF. While I was sitting for the requested 15 minutes afterwards one of the nice ladies came round distributing free bottles of cold soft drinks.

There were 20 workstations, about half were in use. The centre has the capacity to vaccinate 20 people very 5 minutes.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-26 at 23.51.34 (5).jpeg

"recovery" area
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-26 at 23.51.34 (7).jpeg

Automated check in points upon arrival give you a number.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-26 at 23.51.34.jpeg

Last edited:

Tyk

LE
@loofkar Israel has been well organised with their vaccination programme for quite a while, it's possible that by the time you were able to get to have yours a significant part of the local population had already been done and the pressure on facilities is off. Google shows over 60% had their first and 50% had both injections.

Just speculation, but I'd guess a few weeks ago the one you went to was a good deal busier. Looks well organised which isn't a shock, Israel has been known to cope with emergencies, you've had a few :D

Not sure when I'll get my second one, my first was 16th Feb so early May is my assumption.

Summonsed a few days ago; a bit of a surprise as I’m nowhere near 50 (but the NHS resolutely believes that I have a history of heavy smoking - not true - but that might be it). Wife came along and they scurried her through too buckshee.

Today has been a bit arse; achy and lethargic, generally NFI for both of us. Made an effort to stay awake so plan is to sleep like a baby tonight and play it by ear tomoz.

AZ.

@loofkar Israel has been well organised with their vaccination programme for quite a while, it's possible that by the time you were able to get to have yours a significant part of the local population had already been done and the pressure on facilities is off. Google shows over 60% had their first and 50% had both injections.

Just speculation, but I'd guess a few weeks ago the one you went to was a good deal busier. Looks well organised which isn't a shock, Israel has been known to cope with emergencies, you've had a few :D

Not sure when I'll get my second one, my first was 16th Feb so early May is my assumption.

The automated system sent me SMS's for both appointments, 14/4 for the second shot.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
If it's any comfort to the <cough> 'younger' Arrsers - I met two <30 year olds today who had both been jabbed.

No underlying health conditions - just a pal who works at Boots who happened to be doing Covid inoculations and had some spare vaccine left over, phoned them and said:
' You want it - we got it...get here or be a cucumber .'

Last edited:
Wife had the Modena vaccine, both doses/jabs 4-6 weeks apart. Sick as a dog for both, for a couple days.

I had the Pfizer first dose last week, no issues at all.

Weird.

Latest Threads