How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 48 10.9%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 369 83.5%

• Total voters
If anything, I’m claiming to be incompetent...

Which is my point. Over my career, I’ve seen more information security holes than I can remember. Some involved foreign governments, some involved deliberate leaking, and others involved incorrect metadata or incorrect configuration settings allowing information to be viewed by tens of thousands of staff and contractors who shouldn’t have seen it,

Any conspiracy theory could only succeed if tens of thousands of people across the world made a conscious decision to enable it without being asked to.

(Unless, of course, we’ve developed a way of delivering subliminal mind-control messages using the non-visible spectrum in hard and soft-copy documents. :))
That’s the thing about secrets, the more people that know, the less likely it is to stay a secret. Any conspiracy of this type would be on a scale of epic proportions and would have leaked in minutes.

Sometimes I wonder if the delusional monglings can’t face a world where things generally are how science says they are.

it also seems to always be the same people who are the only ones who can see the conspiracies clear as day. Icke etc.

That’s the thing about secrets, the more people that know, the less likely it is to stay a secret. Any conspiracy of this type would be on a scale of epic proportions and would have leaked in minutes.

Sometimes I wonder if the delusional monglings can’t face a world where things generally are how science says they are.

it also seems to always be the same people who are the only ones who can see the conspiracies clear as day. Icke etc.
It's been said before, but in some cases they have become sacred, truly terrified that no-one is in overall control - and that bad things happen.

Slime

LE

With regard to your second paragraph, I don’t think even bothering with real science features in many conspiracies :)

I look at many conspiracies, and an awful lot contain a raft of VERY often quoted ‘completely made up’ facts that are only plausible if you don’t stop to wonder if they are true or not :)

Ken M

Clanker
I had the Oxford AZ jab a couple of weeks ago, with the second to follow in due course. The jab is painless, it has an ultra-thin needle and you don't feel a thing. Only side effect was a vague ache around the injection site for a short time, nothing else. Go and get it. God only knows what the fuss is all about.

Chef

LE
I had the Oxford AZ jab a couple of weeks ago, with the second to follow in due course. The jab is painless, it has an ultra-thin needle and you don't feel a thing. Only side effect was a vague ache around the injection site for a short time, nothing else. Go and get it. God only knows what the fuss is all about.
That was my experience with the Pfizer/BioNTech jab, I didn't notice the needle going in, which I do when giving blood, I thought it might have been because I couldn't see the syringe or injection site. I didn't think the needle would be finer, which makes sense.

I think there may be something in the anti-vax claims - I've yet to hear of ANYONE in JVCI priority groups 1 to 5 becoming pregnant.

I think there may be something in the anti-vax claims - I've yet to hear of ANYONE in JVCI priority groups 1 to 5 becoming pregnant.
As we all know for conspiracy theories correlation = causation. I'm almost curious to hear the explanations for these - 15 Insane Things That Correlate With Each Other . This one's simple, the cheese manufacturers are deliberately giving people nightmares.

chart.jpeg

Had mine last Friday - completely painless. I commented on that and the smiling doc told me they had sharpened a fresh batch of needles just that morning :)

Felt pretty rough on satuday afternoon though - absolutely exhausted and aching across the shoulders and upper arms.

Felt better on Sunday morning - went for a run in the sunshine and apart from feeling very tired on sunday afternoon/evening have been fine since.

4(T)

LE
I had the AstraZeneca on Saturday. No reaction initially, but then a full-on fever 24hrs later. Aching all over, exhausted, hot/cold flushes, sleepless night. Fine the next day.

I had the AstraZeneca on Saturday. No reaction initially, but then a full-on fever 24hrs later. Aching all over, exhausted, hot/cold flushes, sleepless night. Fine the next day.
Should I be concerned? I had my first AZ dose just over 3 weeks ago, with absolutely no reaction at all. Not even a little soreness at the injections site. Does this mean that I am in the 20% or so for whom it doesn't work?
Is there any correlation between between a reaction and production of antibodies?
Fortunately, I use a quilt, so becoming tangled in bedsheets is unlikely to be fatal.

That was my experience with the Pfizer/BioNTech jab, I didn't notice the needle going in, which I do when giving blood, I thought it might have been because I couldn't see the syringe or injection site. I didn't think the needle would be finer, which makes sense.
How do they get the nanotechnology through it, then?

How do they get the nanotechnology through it, then?
It's actually a harmless placebo. The nanotechnology piggybacks on the fluorescent lighting and enters via your eyes, so they can see what you see*.

*For the hard of thinking, and I'm looking at you, @Batman garley, this is satire**.

** Satire is the use of humour***, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

***humour is....oh, never mind. You're a mong.

endure

GCM
It's actually a harmless placebo. The nanotechnology piggybacks on the fluorescent lighting and enters via your eyes, so they can see what you see*.

*For the hard of thinking, and I'm looking at you, @Batman garley, this is satire**.

** Satire is the use of humour***, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

***humour is....oh, never mind. You're a mong.
You forgot the bat...

or0zo5jms0q41.jpg

Latest Threads