How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 374 83.7%

• Total voters
Thread drift.

It has been amusing to see or hear media reports about the person with a new strain of the virus who is missing and can’t be found.

While the person is missing, the media seem to be having trouble reporting where the person is believed to be.............as the county where the person is has also disappeared :).

The area concerned used to be a county, but then became the unitary authority of Avon, then after 1996 became South Gloucestershire.

Living in an area that was in Somerset or Gloucestershire, then Avon and now South Glos certainly has its problems!

Ive heard that the person is in Gloucestershire in many reports, but of course that is a county, and a different area. If a journalist uses a search function for the address most returns will return ‘Avon’ even though Avon ceased to exist in ‘96.

Apologies for thread drift :)
The person didn't properly register the home testing kit and I understand a huge forensic operation is underway to find the subject, who could be anywhere in the country - given that over two weeks have passed since the test result was 'orphaned'. The other results were found by genomic sequencing of randomly selected Covid-positive samples; there is also the possibility the subject is already dead.

I might have shared a link to this guys page previously on here (not sure - the gin/age interface again).

He is a well respected biochemist and an excellent science communicator - his page is a bit science heavy, but well written and excellent sources. Great for shutting up the morons as they usually look at it and utterly fail to understand what he is talking about.

In this Article he explains (despite what a couple of commentators on here insist) that the vaccines were not rushed.

I might have shared a link to this guys page previously on here (not sure - the gin/age interface again).

He is a well respected biochemist and an excellent science communicator - his page is a bit science heavy, but well written and excellent sources. Great for shutting up the morons as they usually look at it and utterly fail to understand what he is talking about.

In this Article he explains (despite what a couple of commentators on here insist) that the vaccines were not rushed.
Very interesting website. Just added to my favourites.

Tested on who exactly? Doesn't matter now because technically they are being tested now as I type...on the public. Spouting nonsense? Have you not ever picked up a daily newspaper and read the nonsense coming out of No.10?
This you ?

Tested on who exactly? Doesn't matter now because technically they are being tested now as I type...on the public. Spouting nonsense? Have you not ever picked up a daily newspaper and read the nonsense coming out of No.10?
Well the Pfizer vaccine was tested on over 43000 people - as a test cohort that is about a 3rd larger than is normal. All results have been published for this trial and are in the public domain.

The only testing being done on the public is as part of the Ph4 monitoring - which is normal for a vaccine.

You really are rather badly informed on this aren’t you?

Dr Fauci warned the public last year in March NOT to wear masks.
So last March Dr Fauci gave some advice, based on the then known science regarding a new species of virus.

Did you stop to consider that since that moment in time our understanding of this virus has increased somewhat, and with an increased understanding of the respiratory illness it causes then the advice might change?

You're either a sockpuppet of one of the more tedious trolls on here, or just a new tedious troll.

Please be quiet. You're not more enlightened than anyone; you don't know more than the scientists who are at the leading edge of dealing with the pandemic.

You're just a unyielding dullard.

43,000 souls lined up for it? Willingly? Do you honestly take that at face value? So you're going to take Bill Gates word for it then? A bloke who is obsessed with depopulation and making money?
Feel free to refute the published test reports - your unwillingness to believe basic facts does not alter their veracity.

It called me a sheeple how sweetly unorigional.

I do Miss 118 - that was real conspiralunacy - this one is just dull
I've got a feeling of who it may be - will PM you.

"the scientists who are at the leading edge of dealing with the pandemic."..................So funny what you say and what is scary is that you really believe in what you wrote and so do millions of like minded wallys! You remind of Indiana Jones when he asked "Who?" "Top Men!"
You've not explained why you (falsely) believe the Vaccine to be untested, or not properly tested.

You have no argument or evidence to back up any of your claims.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
43,000 souls lined up for it? Willingly? Do you honestly take that at face value? So you're going to take Bill Gates word for it then? A bloke who is obsessed with depopulation and making money?
You might want to do some research on the subject of testing and on whom. For the past 25 years, I've been translating medical documents for a company called Medical Outcomes in Lörrach, Germany. Practically all of the big pharma companies have transferred their testing to India because of all the compensation claims they were getting in "other" countries. The unsuspecting folks in India are given a coupla thousand Rupees and told to take this or that medication. You wouldn't believe how many come down with all manner of "side-effects", which are all duly documented so that the ruthless pharma companies can make alterations to their formulas. Of course, such results won't be included in any reports the pharma companies actually submit to the authorities, but that's the way they handle it.

Due to that, testing on 43,000 individuals is a massive number. It's far more normal to restrict such tests, to between 500 and 2,000 persons. So I'd say that if such a large number of folks were involved and experienced minimal symptoms, it should be an indicator that the vaccine is as safe as they could make it.

MsG

As if you would take the time to read the evidence.
Please show your "evidence".

Edit: You will of course forgive me if I immediately discount it, if it consists mainly of talking head YouTube videos, anything by Andrew Wakefield or non-peer reviewed studies.

It's all in here.

Enjoy!
Ahh, Mr Coleman - the former Doctor who spouts conspiracy theories. I'll probably avoid that to save having to hammer a nail into my head afterwards.

Very true, I can't change that. It's all down to the sheeple to wake up and use their brains. But that won't ever happen now. That ship has long since sailed.
You are trying way to hard with your trolling and kinda cut your own legs out. If the sheeple won’t wake up since that ship has long since sailed according to you, why are you on here if not to troll? There is nothing for you to legitimately gain from posting if you believe what you stated, or is it just attention you crave?

RedDinger

War Hero
As if you would take the time to read the evidence.
I've had the vaccine, and even if it does kill us all soon, I'll be glad I took it. I would hate to live in the dystopian world left, fighting Mad Max for food.

I will not be having the vaccination.

Why?

For 1, vaccines are normally tested & trialled over several years, not months. Why has the UK Government granted immunity from prosecution to the drug companies?

no they aren’t - the reason why they normally take longer to develop is due to a lack or resources and money. Big pharma would rather spend a couple of million developing a new antacid pill that will pull in billions in profit than invest billions in a vaccine that will only get them a few millions back. As a result money, lab time, scientists, volunteers for test cohorts, etc go to a new version of Rennie.
When my daughter went for her jab, not only did they question if she might be pregnant (a standard question) but also about future intentions about children - why? The vaccine is safe and tested, isn’t it? We don’t know the longer term effects.
Out of an abundance of caution (warning - that is a scientific term) they decided not to test the vaccine on women who were up the duff. This is now being carried out with a number of vaccines - there is no concern of any danger to pregnant women, however the tests have to be done. Of interest is the official Advice on this - which is if you want to get it, then get it.
ETA: There is nothing new about any of the vaccines - all of the excipients and adjuvants are years old. The mRNA technology has been in development for decades and is routinely used in therapeutics (there are another 9 vaccines that use it too, plus cancer treatments).
We know that in vaccines there are no long term effects - there are thousands of studies into this and the only thing they have found is positive benefits

The only new thing in any of them is the portion designed to develop an antigenic response - but again this is just a variant on an old bit of tech.

I’ve had COVID (confirmed be testing) and know about a dozen friends & relatives who are the same. None of us had any symptoms and were tested by chance.

this is called survival bias. I have walked away from two RTA’s without a crash, and been in two very serious conflicts. Nobody would dispute the seriousness or danger to life of either of those.

ETA: The Brazilian variant is apparently infecting ALOT of those previously infected. Oops...
I know 2 people who died due to COVID restrictions - 1 died after failing to speak to a healthcare provider, 1 (aged 31) died 2 days after being misdiagnosed over the phone.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying COVID isn’t real. I’m not saying COVID hasn’t killed anyone, and I’ve met people who have now got long term medical complications due to COVID. Please don’t misunderstand my mindset - the virus is real and dangerous, but only dangerous to some. To most of us, it’s little more than an inconvenience.

Funny how you can dismiss a disease as being an inconvenience, that if not for quite stringent epidemiological measures would bring the NHS to its knees. How do you know more than those running our health system?
I’ve had the virus and despite several ‘at risk’ medical conditions, didn’t even realise the infection until I had a random test.
Survival bias again.
Am I scared of COVID? Absolutely not.

Your lack of knowledge in this area does not refute the seriousness of this disease.
Am I concerned about taking a vaccine not properly tested? Yes, it’s not going to happen.
The vaccines that have been rolled out in the UK have been tested to the exact same rigorous (another science word) standards as any other vaccine on the vaccine schedule. In the case of the Pfizer vaccine, the testing cohort was 1/3rd larger than is normal. All results have been published and are in the public domain.

Let those who want to hide away, do so. Let those of us who want to get on with life (and accept risk) do so.
Thats great - nice of you to want to kill off those unable to get the vaccine or are clinically vulnerable. This might be termed as a form of eugenics. Instead lets reach herd immunity through the vaccine and not kill thousands eh?

Further edited for fat fingers

Last edited:

Latest Threads