How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 48 10.9%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 368 83.4%

• Total voters

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Makes perfect sense when you consider the effort of getting a drug through all the test regimes which takes a lot of time and money.

If it turns out to be a beneficial treatment for something else or something new that pops up it would be silly to ignore it, the extra testing is relatively low hassle by comparison.

Some of the treatments for covid are repositioned drugs.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have my jab tomorrow, my wife receives hers at the same time because she’s my carer. We were both automatically booked in for second jab in May.

the system appears quite good.

I have my jab tomorrow, my wife receives hers at the same time because she’s my carer. We were both automatically booked in for second jab in May.

Wed. for me, dunno whether it's cos they're getting down to 55-60 yr olds in our area or my health status bumps the queue(usually in the second tranche of flu jabs)
One parent done X2 Pfizer at three weeks t'other due her second AZ at six weeks.
No 'Grrrs' in this area.

Tyk

LE
I was a bit surprised (pleasantly so) to get my request to book as soon as I did, the booking method was simple, the centre was well organised and while plenty of people were there early the queue moved on quickly. I was in and out within 5 minutes of the booked time.
System gets no complaints from me, in fact with my professional head on it was thoroughly efficient and well organised.

Just checked my work emails. Urgent message that a nearby vaccine centre has surplus doses and are operating a first come, first served for getting jabbed. Apparently for key workers only and work ID is needed to get injected.

Followup email about 40 minutes later that all surplus doses have run out and not to bother. Also, my definition of 'nearby' doesn't include an hour drive across the county. Presumably they just spammed any set of contact details they had.

Just checked my work emails. Urgent message that a nearby vaccine centre has surplus doses and are operating a first come, first served for getting jabbed. Apparently for key workers only and work ID is needed to get injected.

Followup email about 40 minutes later that all surplus doses have run out and not to bother. Also, my definition of 'nearby' doesn't include an hour drive across the county. Presumably they just spammed any set of contact details they had.
The Missus(ish) is involved with the distribution in Miseryside.
There was a bit of a flap last week when summat went a bit awry and they had circa 800 doses to get into arms asap.
I got a call from her late afternoon
" How quick can you be ready?"...

'Bloody quickly' wasn't fast enough!

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Oh! He has a website!

On this website is a list of 50 things that Dr. Vernon Coleman was first to warn about.

Strangely, a plandemic and death by covid vaccine isn't one of them.
How says Nostradamus?

NSP

LE

Ditto my old dear. Had her Part One a couple of weeks ago. When she selected that appointment one for Part Two was automatically generated along with a booking reference for twelve weeks hence. Seems to be a bit of government IT that actually works - and works well - for a change.

I know this because my mum is an internet biff and I had to do it for her on my laptop as she read out the necessary information and references from the invitation letter over the 'phone.

Tyk

LE

Which makes a lot of sense in the don't waste a drop if you can avoid it stakes. teachers are an obvious and sensible target as getting the schools open really is important.

On that subject I wonder how the schools are going to handle permissions for kids holidays during term time when the whole Covid mess is in the past. The argument of children can't lose even a single day isn't going to wash after what's a solid year of closed schools. Probably a subject for a different thread.

Which makes a lot of sense in the don't waste a drop if you can avoid it stakes. teachers are an obvious and sensible target as getting the schools open really is important.

On that subject I wonder how the schools are going to handle permissions for kids holidays during term time when the whole Covid mess is in the past. The argument of children can't lose even a single day isn't going to wash after what's a solid year of closed schools. Probably a subject for a different thread.
Stick it in the poor education standards thread if you want. Short answer is that absence fines are issued by the local authority, not schools, and that there has not been a year off from school, just periods of remote learning.

The above represents the official answer and is not necessarily my opinion.

Tyk

LE
Stick it in the poor education standards thread if you want. Short answer is that absence fines are issued by the local authority, not schools, and that there has not been a year off from school, just periods of remote learning.

The above represents the official answer and is not necessarily my opinion.

I wish to point out I'm not having a pop at you, all of my Aunts and Uncles were lifelong teachers, having recently talked to the two that're still alive and my sister and her husband who're in education they all take a very dim view of the whole closure of schools thing.
My sister's school and her husbands for that matter are pretty good at the whole remote learning thing, but the pupils there are far from skint and both schools are disappointed if they get less than 50 into Oxbridge every year.

Sorry for the thread derail As said earlier I see deploying spare vaccines to not (medically) at risk teachers as an absolute positive.

This Dr. Vernon Coleman?

Vernon Coleman (born 18 May 1946) is an English conspiracy theorist, anti-vaccination activist, AIDS denialist, blogger and novelist who writes on topics related to human health, politics and animal issues. Coleman's medical claims have been widely discredited and described as pseudoscientific. He was formerly a newspaper columnist and general practitioner (GP).
The date of birth seems about right but the guy I know was a GP for most of his adult working life. Seems like you've been reading something written by spooks designed to mislead?

RedDinger

War Hero
Make sure you post on here Friday morning, just to let us know you've survived.
Its been 24 hours since I had the Pfizer vaccine. Apart from a really painful arm at the injection site, I've had no other side effects yet.

Tyk

LE
Its been 24 hours since I had the Pfizer vaccine. Apart from a really painful arm at the injection site, I've had no other side effects yet.

My arm is still tender some 10 days since I had the AZ first shot, but that's normal for me. Felt mildly manky for a couple of days after the shot, nothing dramatic, couple of Brufen sorted those symptoms.

Latest Threads