Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 44 12.3%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 292 81.6%

• Total voters
Can the OP please publicly name and shame the 2 (so far) anti-vaxxers?

We haven't had a good witch hunt for ages (and anti-vaxxers are sub-human scum anyway)

I’ll be getting it. The knobs who say they won’t have convinced me it’s a good thing.

The knobs.
That’s what I like to see. A detailed, reasoned debate on the pros and cons of having the vaccine.

Doesn't seem much point.

I'm well down the list, and am supposed to be immune anyway. I will do it once there's enough available, but there's many in greater need.

I will take it as soon as it is available

Back around 1954 I was in the first large test.group for Salk polio.vaccine. Three of my neighbors, kids like me, got polio and I still see them around on their crutches wearing braces and thank God I was in the test group.

Here in the US the first to get it will be medical/hospital workers, EMTs and Paramedics.
Next will be emergency workers like police and fire.
Military come next
Then food workers
Next will come people with certain medical conditions and older people. I am 73 so assume I am in that group.

Announced plans do not mention elected officials but I am Damn sure that Congress members and Senators will be at the front of the line. My guess is that members of state legislatures will also get to the front of the line also so they `can better serve the people '

Last edited:

Tuffty

War Hero
Well after surviving all the Crap they pumped into us before Gulf 1 (none of it on my med docs) i dont think another dose of Anti whatever is gonna kill me (famous last words)

crow_bag

War Hero
I'm 35 and aside from being a bit fat I don't have any other conditions (that I'm aware of) that would put me at greater risk if I caught COVID so I suspect it's going to be quite a while before I would be eligible for any vaccine.

My wife is front line NHS so it's likely she will get it at some point.

I'm happy to have the vaccine, providing people don't start growing second heads etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well after surviving all the Crap they pumped into us before Gulf 1 (none of it on my med docs) i dont think another dose of Anti whatever is gonna kill me (famous last words)
I blame Granby and GWS for my current BMI!

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
60 years old, type 2 diabetic, travel all over the country for work.

Hopefully I'll be near the front of the queue so I can get back to normal working.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
70 years old and not sure that I agree that the elderly be at the front of the queue. We are not the drivers of the economy which needs a huge boost now. In the main, the younger generation need to be able to get back to work. Us oldies are drains on the economy, going to pop our clogs fairly soon anyway and generally not absolutely essential to the country.

Other than keeping the hospital's empty there is no real reason for the elderly to go first.

Having said that, I have no qualms about being vaccinated.

Professor JVT is on Five Live now, taking questions from listeners. Worth a listen - he is an impressive boffin imho, although he does bang on a bit!

What worries me is that the gov passed a bill exempting the manufacturers suppliers and their agents from any legal action.
Why do that if you didn't have doubts?
So if it does go tits up you cannot take anyone to court.
The thalidomide tragedy of the early 60's highlights the risks and pit falls of not fully testing new drugs. As of date the release of the anti covid vaccine has been unduly rushed through, for several reasons,

1. To counter the pandemic.
2 To show the world that British scientific institutions are still viable.
3. whoever gets it to market first will make a fortune, once patented.
4. Politically, its a win win situation for the government of the day.
5. last, but not least, to upstage china, America etc.

All the above are random thoughts, and not to be taken as gospel, seriously or ....nurse the screens!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Professor JVT is on Five Live now, taking questions from listeners. Worth a listen - he is an impressive boffin imho, although he does bang on a bit!
Zero Alpha will listen to JVT as if he were God himself, since he was pressed live on air about a question that openly and vehemently accused Cummings of being a James Hunt, and without a blink of an eye, he called Cummings out.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The thalidomide tragedy of the early 60's highlights the risks and pit falls of not fully testing new drugs. As of date the release of the anti covid vaccine has been unduly rushed through, for several reasons,
I watched scientists talking yesterday. The vaccine payload has been produced quickly. But. They've been working on it for years. SARS, MERS and Ebola were all having vaccines developed using this method, but the outbreaks didn't give enough test results to prove the function, and the outbreaks died out before a vaccine could be completed.

It's the very fact that Covid has been pandemic that has allowed full and proper testing to be carried out in such short time. They've had overwhelming results creating solid confidence in the vaccine.

Here in the US the first to get it will be medical/hospital workers, EMTs and Paramedics.
Next will be emergency workers like police and fire.
Military come next
Then food workers
Next will come people with certain medical conditions and older people. I am 73 so assume I am in that group.

Announced plans do not mention elected officials but I am Damn sure that Congress members and Senators will be at the front of the line. My guess is that members of state legislatures will also get to the front of the line also do they `can better serve the people '

So, the most vulnerable get it last?
makes perfect sense to someone.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s what I like to see. A detailed, reasoned debate on the pros and cons of having the vaccine.
There was a Facebook post which SWMBO showed me. It was a quiz, asking different questions to do with biology. It was clever, in that it made a point about how little many of us know about virology and so on. It ended by saying, "So you say you've done your own research, yet you can't answer questions which can be easily answered by those who've done real research."

There's the point: 'research' isn't buying the anti-vaxxers rubbish, or the nonsense from the foil-hatters with their "they're injecting you with tracking devices" line.

I'm sad and ashamed of us as a society that people are ignorant enough to think that such as that is wise, or in any way to be taken seriously. More to the point, the 'believers' are smug in their certainty of being so much cleverer than the rest of us.

They're not. They're just knobs.

My post carried as much credence as their research - I'll have it done precisely because they say they won't matches their levels of 'research' and knowledge.

Actually, I'll have it done because I want to get on with some semblance of normality again.

There was a Facebook post which SWMBO showed me. It was a quiz, asking different questions to do with biology. It was clever, in that it made a point about how little many of us know about virology and so on. It ended by saying, "So you say you've done your own research, yet you can't answer questions which can be easily answered by those who've done real research."

There's the point: 'research' isn't buying the anti-vaxxers rubbish, or the nonsense from the foil-hatters with their "they're injecting you with tracking devices" line.

I'm sad and ashamed of us as a society that people are ignorant enough to think that such as that is wise, or in any way to be taken seriously. More to the point, the 'believers' are smug in their certainty of being so much cleverer than the rest of us.

They're not. They're just knobs.

My post carried as much credence as their research - I'll have it done precisely because they say they won't matches their levels of 'research' and knowledge.

Actually, I'll have it done because I want to get on with some semblance of normality again.
I hope you realise my post wasn’t a dig at you. I’m on the same page.

Latest Threads