How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 53 10.0%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 436 82.4%

• Total voters
Bubonic plague is still around and still killing folk, but is not airborne.

There is no vaccine.

However public health measures are mostly responsibile for keeping it firmly in check.
Actually, I think there is a vaccine, just not used much, because nobody has done a clinical trial to find it's true efficiacy.

Bubonic plague is still around and still killing folk, but is not airborne.

There is no vaccine.

However public health measures are mostly responsibile for keeping it firmly in check.
Exactly - sometimes getting Joe Public to do doing nothing at all is enough.

Isn’t it bacterial and hence treatable with antibiotics?
Yes it is. Yersinia pestis. Chloramphenicol, Tetracycline and others are/were quite effective. I haven't worked in microbiology for over 25 years, so a bit out of date.

Polio is spread when people cough or sneeze and other means - so is Coronavirus. I am comparing two very similar things.

Polio is not very prevalent now at all, and has almost been eradicated - through nearly 75 years of voluntary vaccination.
When you say Polio is not very prevalent now, could you put a number on that? I mean, in a straight-talking no BS way you should be able to provide a definitive incidence rate in England, then be able to compare it to the 1 in 15 people who are currently infected with Covid in England.

Last edited:
Page 12 of this report states:

“N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who become infected after two doses of vaccination”.

It goes on to say that this drop in antibodies is essentially permanent.

Page 12 of this report states:

“N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who become infected after two doses of vaccination”.

It goes on to say that this drop in antibodies is essentially permanent.
And your point is?

And your point is?

"We know that vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission of the virus (indeed, the report elsewhere shows that vaccinated adults are now much more likely to be infected than unvaccinated ones). The British now find that the vaccine interferes with the body’s ability to make antibodies after infection not only against the spike protein but also against other parts of the virus. In particular, vaccinated people do not appear to form antibodies against the nucleocapsid protein, the envelope of the virus, which is a crucial part of the response in unvaccinated people. In the long term, the vaccinated are far more susceptible to any mutations in the spike protein, even if they have already been infected and cured once or more. The unvaccinated, on the other hand, will gain lasting, if not permanent, immunity to all strains of the alleged virus after being naturally infected with it even once."

I have explained why the range of Ab's differs earlier in the thread or on one of the other vaccine threads and your supposition seems strangely familiar as well. At least, it gives me a feeling of having read it before.

This quote is not part of the documentation referred to by you.

If it is, please accept my apologies. If not, tell me where you got it from. I suspect a bit of naughtiness in your reply to @mush_dad

"We know that vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission of the virus (indeed, the report elsewhere shows that vaccinated adults are now much more likely to be infected than unvaccinated ones). The British now find that the vaccine interferes with the body’s ability to make antibodies after infection not only against the spike protein but also against other parts of the virus. In particular, vaccinated people do not appear to form antibodies against the nucleocapsid protein, the envelope of the virus, which is a crucial part of the response in unvaccinated people. In the long term, the vaccinated are far more susceptible to any mutations in the spike protein, even if they have already been infected and cured once or more. The unvaccinated, on the other hand, will gain lasting, if not permanent, immunity to all strains of the alleged virus after being naturally infected with it even once."
Where is this from?

Actually, I think there is a vaccine, just not used much, because nobody has done a clinical trial to find it's true efficiacy.
I got the plague vaccine when I was in the Army but that was years ago. Back then everyone also got vaccinated for Hepatitis if you were sent to Korea due to the use of excrement in the rice paddies, but they had switched to chemical fertilizers by the time I was there and they discontinued the vaccine a few years later.

Seems to be here:
And of course for every wild and scientifically doubtful claim promulgated by the likes of our favourite troll (seemingly) from Gods chosen land there is a fact check that puts it into perspective.

Edit to add: I was googling to find out what ‘N antibodies‘ are - but that popped up. Which would indicate that lots of people are asking the same question - it would be reasonable to assume that this is the latest hobby horse that the ratlickers are jumping on and sharing like crazy, resulting in the search results being skewed.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still stagging on as a volunteer at local vacnn centre.The big message for those only now getting jabbed is we will not look at you in a snotty manner we are just pleased to see you. As for the needle shy just tell a marshal as you arrive and you can bring a friend in or have a jab with little queuing.

It would be logical for N antibodies to be in lower titre as vaccines will initiate specific antibodies and not the full range. The memory cells/immunological memory would be geared towards making the antibodies they were meant to make.

N antibodies would be part of a wide range of Ab's produced randomly by a "natural" immune response. I would not expect to see them in the vaccinated because the RNA does not code for them by design.

I fail to see how this affects long term immunity. I do see how Maalox has shoved an article in whilst quoting a different official document. I do see how this argument has been used before and I do see that it is unmitigated bollocks from the usual sources.

And of course for every wild and scientifically doubtful claim promulgated by the likes of our favourite troll (seemingly) from Gods chosen land there is a fact check that puts it into perspective.

Edit to add: I was googling to find out what ‘N antibodies‘ are - but that popped up. Which would indicate that lots of people are asking the same question - it would be reasonable to assume that this is the latest hobby horse that the ratlickers are jumping on and sharing like crazy, resulting in the search results being skewed.
I did that search as well, never heard of N- antibodies before. Reading the data from Roche seems to imply that they don't really know either.