Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 44 12.3%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 291 81.5%

• Total voters

Yokel

LE
My father is getting it on Saturday. The girl from the Health Centre suggested that he should get someone else to drive him there. I know that he is an old git, but Dad wonders how necessary this is. He is a fit ex matelot who spent his working life doing active work. He liked to get out and walk segments of the South West coastal path and had no health conditions apart from being a bit deaf.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My father is getting it on Saturday. The girl from the Health Centre suggested that he should get someone else to drive him there. I know that he is an old git, but Dad wonders how necessary this is. He is a fit ex matelot who spent his working life doing active work. He liked to get out and walk segments of the South West coastal path and had no health conditions apart from being a bit deaf.

You shouldn't drive for 15minutes after the jab.

So he would be cluttering up the place.

I suppose there's also the thought that if some people have an adverse reaction, their cars will be left cluttering the car park.

Yokel

LE

Not too far from the leisure centre there is a perfectly good Tescos about a mile away - I wonder if he can walk there afterwards. I did offer to give him a lift, but he is a stubborn old git.

A leisure centre should have car park though - I have only been to that place once, and that was years ago.

endure

GCM
Not too far from the leisure centre there is a perfectly good Tescos about a mile away - I wonder if he can walk there afterwards. I did offer to give him a lift, but he is a stubborn old git.

A leisure centre should have car park though - I have only been to that place once, and that was years ago.
Just kidnap him, put a bag over his head and take him.

Before all this lot started, polls and so on in newspapers in Spain came up with between 43 and 47% of people here either wouldn't have the vaccine at all or would wait 3 months to see what was happening.

So far, the refusal rate has been 2%.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

We wouldn't let someone walk away unaccompanied

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Before all this lot started, polls and so on in newspapers in Spain came up with between 43 and 47% of people here either wouldn't have the vaccine at all or would wait 3 months to see what was happening.

So far, the refusal rate has been 2%.

This week my refusal rate is under 0.5%
But that's care home residents and staff.

Yokel

LE
We wouldn't let someone walk away unaccompanied

The silly old geezer would probably decide he wants to go for a swim or something. Fortunately it is closed apart from giving jabs. This is he remembers getting multiple vaccinations at the same time in the past.

I imagine leisure centres are used because they have large rooms such as gyms.

I just assumed I would be giving him a lift.

endure

GCM
The silly old geezer would probably decide he wants to go for a swim or something. Fortunately it is closed apart from giving jabs. This is he remembers getting multiple vaccinations at the same time in the past.

I imagine leisure centres are used because they have large rooms such as gyms.

I just assumed I would be giving him a lift.
Ours are being done in the local velodrome

muscat_diver

War Hero
The SinoPharm vaccine is freely available in Dubai on production of Residents Emirates ID Card. Appointments can be made or walk up and queue. Majority of my office have either taken it or will do next week. We have had one colleague of 45 die from COVID and 3 or 4 full COVID cases at work declared after meetings etc. Our office protocol is mask wearing and social distancing at all times. Temp check in and out. Work from home where possible. I shall take the SinoPharm next week as I need to travel in the region.

Yokel

LE
My father had the jab this afternoon. It was administered. funnily enough, by one of the GPs from his health centre. He reports no ill effects, other than getting a bit chilly walking back to the supermarket car park he had parked on.

It was a supermarket only a few minutes walk away - not the one I was thinking of.

Had my Pfizer jab at the Louisa Jordan in Glasgow this morning, 450 people/ hour. Very efficient.

Pity they don't issue yellow biometric bracelets like in that Songbird film so people know how awesome I am when walking around.

Yokel

LE
My father had the jab this afternoon. It was administered. funnily enough, by one of the GPs from his health centre. He reports no ill effects, other than getting a bit chilly walking back to the supermarket car park he had parked on.

It was a supermarket only a few minutes walk away - not the one I was thinking of.

Correction: The familiar GP was only doing the question asking, the actual injection was done by someone else. It was the Pfizer jab, although the paperwork never named it as such. Contrary to what some might think, he just walked off afterwards, warmed up in the car, and did some shopping.

I've received a text from my GP's surgery telling me I will be offered an appointment "very soon" - I'm in group 4. Some one I know and who is in Group 3 was phoned by his GP surgery this morning and booked in for Friday - he's hoping the Trumpster doesn't trigger WWIII in the meantime.

Had the AstraZeneca jab last night - sore arm was expected but feeling a bit ropey today - got that shivery tingly achy feeling you get just before the usual cold/flu - I guess it's the immune system kicking off.

Good excuse for a nice Sunday afternoon nap methinks.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Had the AstraZeneca jab last night - sore arm was expected but feeling a bit ropey today - got that shivery tingly achy feeling you get just before the usual cold/flu - I guess it's the immune system kicking off.

Good excuse for a nice Sunday afternoon nap methinks.

tiv

LE
We have both had the Pfizer jab, SWMBO had a phone call two days in advance but I was called Thursday morning to go at 16:20 that afternoon. Sounded like they had a few spare places and were trying to fill them to avoid wasting jabs.

Latest Threads