Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people here WILL have the vaccine and are comfortable doing so?

What's your view about vaccination?

• I'd never take a vaccination of any kind, not ever.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I'd never take the covid vaccine, but might take one for a virus like smallpox.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I'll wait to see what the covid vaccine side-effects are. I may take it if it all seems safe.

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • I'd reluctantly take the covid vaccine if the penalties for not taking it may be too much to bear.

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • I'm okay with taking the vaccine, as I feel the overall benefits are likely to outweigh any risks.

Votes: 203 80.9%

• Total voters

happyuk

War Hero
I know this forum has a similar vaccine-related discussion with it's own poll.

But in light of the fact that the UK has given the go-head to roll out vaccines as early as next week, I've taken the liberty of starting yet another vaccine thread, but with a further break-down of questions.

How many of you are willing and comfortable to have the vaccine?

My question isn't just about who WON'T and why. But also about who WILL and why?

How might you reassure those of us who are concerned?

Thank you and peace and love to all.

Somewhere out there is an ampoule with your name on it. I'll be having compo-faced pics taken for the family to use should I succumb to the side-effects or as a reference to the correct number of heads with which I was issued (for use during the ensuing lawsuit). We shall be making out like bandits.

I might even go round again for another shot - you can't be too careful these days.

Lots of people have died of WuFlu... nobody has died of the vaccine.

It really isn’t the job of the like of Arrse to reassure the doubters. That is the job of the scientists, health care professionals and politicians but if your concerns outweigh your willingness to have the vaccine then don’t have the vaccine. Who cares?

The more anti-vaxxers there are (for whatever reason), the faster those who want it will get it.

What worries me is that the gov passed a bill exempting the manufacturers suppliers and their agents from any legal action.
Why do that if you didn't have doubts?
So if it does go tits up you cannot take anyone to court.

What worries me is that the gov passed a bill exempting the manufacturers suppliers and their agents from any legal action.

Given that it will be given to millions - BY SHERE COINCIDENCE - there will people who will have the jab(s) and then fall ill. Some will die.

It won't be the vaccine (very probably).

It'll be the God of Coincidence.

I guess it's to stop the manufacturer being tied up with years of litigation fighting off coincidences.

Yokel

LE
I think I am too young too be offered it - and do not have any long term health issue. But remember it is not just about the risk of death, it is about the possibility of long Covid and whatever long term issues that might cause.

Not to mention the older/more vulnerable people you might come into contact with.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Liability protection for vaccine makers has been the law in the US since the 1980’s. There was so much litigation that pharmacy companies were not developing vaccines, which Is not a good thing. The government also created a no-fault fund to reimburse those harmed by mandatory vaccines.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 - Standards of responsibility

Can I Sue Vaccine Manufacturers?

Last edited:
I’m getting it. At 65, I’m in the at risk category albeit at the lower end but I also have severe arthritis and take a drug called methotrexate.

Arthritis is the bodies immune system attacking the joints etc and methotrexate suppresses the immune system to stop that happening.

So if I was infected, there is a good possibility it could get serious for me so it’s just sensible to be vaccinated.

There’s a lot of pretty zany nonsense being spouted by some people that I think just shows how stupid some people get about these things.

If though for some reason I do turn into a blood sucking zombie staggering around while I slowly fall to bits, I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’ll retain a sense of instinct about tracking down the people I don’t like!

3ToedSloth

War Hero
How many of you are willing and comfortable to have the vaccine?

There'll be more than just one.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine uses a more traditional approach with a modified chimp virus that contains the covid-19 spike protein to cause an immune response.

The Pfizer (just approved) and Moderna vaccines both use messenger RNA (mRNA) that don't contain a virus but encode the information for the body itself to build the protein, which then causes the immune response to make antibodies. This approach hasn't been used for vaccines before, but has been used for cancer treatment.

Other vaccines may be available: What’s The Difference Between Covid-19 Coronavirus Vaccines?

There's plenty of credible sources of information out there besides Karen from Facebook and David Icke.

Option 3 seems reasonable
Option 4 though gives us a choice of take the vaccine or take a penalty - where did that come from?
Option 5 again seems reasonable

I vary between 3 and 5. If you threaten me with a penalty I may have second thoughts about taking it because we were told it would be voluntary. Then again there is TV licence psychology. More likely is that various passenger carriers and establishments will be fussy about who they allow onboard or inside, due to fear of litigation and insurance stipulations.

Perhaps if someone doesn't take it they can still travel or enter a premises if they wear a mask and PPE. After all what has changed from what we do now, other than vax'd persons free to dispense with PPE? I wonder how long for though.

Does anyone have figures for this years influenza cases? If they are lower than last year, it may suggest that improved personal hygiene and wearing of face masks is effective.

Last edited:
In an ideal world, I'd either defer having the vaccine for five years (to confirm that it's safe) or I'd start the course 2 months before contracting a fatal dose of Covid, whichever comes first. As I'm not psychic, timing the second option might be a bit hit and miss.

Of course, in an ideal world, there wouldn't be any Coronavirus floating around.

More realistically, I'd guess that I'll be invited to get the first shot of vaccine round about July and the booster a month later. That should give me 8 months to make an informed decision. Countering that will be the knowledge that because of the way the rollout is going to be handled, anyone not taking up the offer will get shoved to the back of the queue.

The major hiccup in this is that the virus will probably mutate at some point so that the vaccine won't work and a new one will have to be developed. By which point, the virus will probably have mutated...

So, in answer to the question, I'll probably just do as I'm told. It's free and it's hard to resist a bargain.

NSP

LE
I'll wait and see how many of you lot post that you've had the vaccine and then suddenly stop logging in a couple of weeks/months later before I jump in.

If it all goes horribly wrong ArRSe could have a sea of avatars with RIP banners under them. The COs won't be able to keep up with attaching them!