How many of you Honestly, would consider emigration....

Would you emigrate if you had the opportunity?

• Quicker than a rat up a drain pipe!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way

• Would like to but can't due to other reason

• Total voters
The end is nigh for our commitment to HRH so we have been thinking about pastures greener....................... :cyclopsani:

Is it just me or does everybody else, especially those who have kids now (as opposed to planning to) feel that the UK is somewhere that they really don't want to grow old in and bring up their family in.

What other countries interest you?

Do you have any experiences you be willing to enlighten me to RE: emigration?

Or are me and my family looking for a life that just doesn't exist?

All we want is:

To pay off the mortgage before we die.
To be able to help the kids through uni if they want to go.
To actually see each other rather than just work.
To not have to watch every penny.
To enjoy life to a reasonable standard.
To not bring up the kids in constant fear of crime, drugs, etc

I can't believe it's just us that thinks this country pretty well sucks ro maybe we are just looking at things the wrong way???????

I think you'll find that there is no Utopia, every country has it's share of problems.

Where were you thinking about moving?

Tartan_Terrier said:
I think you'll find that there is no Utopia, every country has it's share of problems.

Where were you thinking about moving?
I'll second that! I prefer to look to the positives.

Cyprus would be a good move, it is similar to the UK, but with very little crime, good weather, less immigration, and they drive on the left hand side.

My wife and I are thinking of moving over there soon, already brought a house there, just about to sign off and cant wait!

I agree that every country has it's fair share of problems but surely when large independent polls are carried out resulting in the UK having very poor results for children's happiness, health, crime, drug use, education, over all standard of living doesn't it point to the fact this country is not a great Britain anymore?

I honestly don't know??

They are desperate for skilled workers here in Denmark (unskilled too for that matter).

There's even a couple of job agencies where they source workers from abroad to make up the shortfalls.

T_T

Tartan_Terrier said:
They are desperate for skilled workers here in Denmark (unskilled too for that matter).

There's even a couple of job agencies where they source workers from abroad to make up the shortfalls.

T_T
Do they need a blonde maiden slayer???? :D

petite_butsweet said:
The end is nigh for our commitment to HRH so we have been thinking about pastures greener....................... :cyclopsani:

Is it just me or does everybody else, especially those who have kids now (as opposed to planning to) feel that the UK is somewhere that they really don't want to grow old in and bring up their family in.

All we want is:

I can't believe it's just us that thinks this country pretty well sucks ro maybe we are just looking at things the wrong way???????
I have two years remaining of my 22, I have no money worries, no mortgage, no kids, And am seriously considering leaving this Sh1te hole,
im sad to say is England, and buggering off to the sunshine.
The quandry is where...Australia, Spain, Portugal, Dubai,Thailand.
Choices, Choices eh!

the_matelot said:
Tartan_Terrier said:

T_T
Do they need a blonde maiden slayer???? :D
I don't know, I'll have to check in the job section of the local paper.

Have you much experience? Do you live near Ipswich?

I'm USA bound. I once joked I would end up there, just happened alot sooner than I anticipated.

UK has nothing to offer me except HP broon sauce and heinz baked beans.

The problem you have is employment and kids really, do you go somewhere where they have to learn a new language....what sort of jobs are available you to make it worthwhile

I live in the czech republic, I was lucky to have had four lucrative contracts bt I doubt whether I will get work there again for a long while, hence my life is similar to being constantly on tour in the army, 6 months here a year there, going home for R&R 1 weekend a month with a month or so 'leave' back home before the next contract.

I dont have kids, I have UK wages living in a east european country, so I live very well when i do go home, and when this job here in Essex finishes for me at the end of this month I will never ever come back for work again... But I think I am destined for a nomad lifestyle until I retire!!

nips said:
I'm USA bound. I once joked I would end up there, just happened alot sooner than I anticipated.

Feels really sad though that we all think the right thing to do is go.

But then on the upside there is the exchange rate and cost of living -- whohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petite_butsweet said:

All we want is:

My wife is Australian and we toyed with the idea of leaving the UK, Cyprus came up but the options were too expensive. Wife did not want to move back to Manly (thats near Sydney), so we settled in Perth for a while. Now we are in New Zealand, absolutely fantastic place, bit like the UK back in the 60s'. Life is real slow. Where I live we don't even have Traffic Lights. Housing is cheap, food is cheap, and if you are Welsh there are plenty of Sheep. Down side is the Beer is Crap, but I have found a shop that sells Old Speckled Hen. There are a lot of Brits over here. Mind you you will have to brush up on your spelling if you want to get in, Immigration is the correct spelling. The cost of Immigration is far cheaper than Aus too. Aus approximately A$4,500:00 per person, whereas New Zealand is NZ$630:00. Good luck on your decision making process. Oh and they can play Rugby too.

petite_butsweet said:
nips said:

Feels really sad though that we all think the right thing to do is go.

But then on the upside there is the exchange rate and cost of living -- whohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can be difficult to get a visa-exceptions are generally a) married to a citizen/close family of a citizen b) a skill that warrants sponsorship for a work visa.

Think about getting an immigration lawyer too, makes life a lot easier!