How many likely to get a third Jubilee medal?

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Bravo_Bravo, May 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard that one of our LE blokes holds QSJM, QGJM and will get the QDJM.

Would have thought this was apretty rare set; any ideas as to how many would have all three?

2. Holders of the QGJM and QDJM could potentially get 3 also when the QPJM comes in if she keeps her intake of cod liver oil on the go.

3. Extremely rare given the small number of Silvers given out, 3 per Unit if I recall correctly.

4. Not that rare as any holders of the GC or VC also receive these.

So anyone who's held a GC or VC prior to the QSJM being issued and is still alive for the QDJM will hold all three.

But for those none holders it's pretty rare, especially considering the circumstances the QSJM was awarded.

5. There was a lad in 6 RIFLES who was ex RN. He would have had a third if they hadnt kicked him out at the end on January.

6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

1977-2012 plus all of the qualifying criteria. I would have thought the chances as being slim to infinitesimal.

7. Prince Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was serving in my first unit when the QSJM was issued and will leave in a few months time, having collected the remaining 2 medals. Sadly, I was not one of the 2 or 3 selected to receive the QSJM in 1977.

9. Mr_Fingerz

He doesn't count, it's his mum who gives it out.

10. Some of the long term staff in the Royal Household will have them all.

11. Here you go..... now you have three ;o)

1977 Silver Jubilee Medal | Queens 25th Anniversary Medal

12. I too, am due to finish in August and would have all three but the tight-fisted government of the day cut back on the silver jubilee medal so no set for me, either. Perhaps one should write to HMQ and ask her for a special issue

13. 3 in our Regiment got the silver one. The CO, the QM and a corporal who had just been selected to play football for the Corps. The corporal only lasted another 2 years as he got MD for knackered knees. CO was his only bit of bling. At least the QM had NI GSM and LSGC.

14. Mr_Fingerz

Would you like an NDM to go with that?

15. Chap at the front left of this photo, from yesterday's Armed Forces Muster at Windsor...

Attached Files: