How Many Extras?

I'm hoping he got promoted.

As part of the Royal Tournament in '89, we were lined up as Princess Anne came in to see the shenanigans on show in the arena. On asking a mucker "How is one enjoying the experience?" the reply came "It's really good ma'am, but fucking knackering". She smiled and walked on. Nothing happened to him and he didn't even realise he swore.

DITA

MIA
There was a bloke who when asked by the PM last year during a visit to Afghanistan, 'and how are we all finding it?' replied, 'Shit Sir'.

Slap on the wrists.

Soldiers Swear - civvies horrified - SHOCK HORROR PROBE!!!

There is a good reason for the expression to "Swear like a Trooper".

Rodney2q

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
I used to threaten to tell dignitaries it was shit, and so was always hidden when anyone was about.

Can't see the D of E being overly bothered about a bit of cursing, so those around him probably weren't either.

I remember a Giles cartoon of many years ago about Warren Mitchell swearing in front of HM The Queen Mum at some Gala performance while in his Alf Garnett character. The gist was that HM was au-fait with that sort of lingo having spent so much time around horses and jockeys. I should imagine that PTG got another chuckle later in the evening when he related the tale to 'er indoors.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I always remember the Colonel of the Regiment (a retired major general iirc) visiting us in the field, possibly in 1978 during the World Cup. Command Troop were set up in a wood and running nicely, so one of the guys had set up a portable TV for the match just as the colonel walked up with the CO. "Nothing like this in my day, " he commented amiably. "Where do you get the electric from?"
I looked back and told him, "A tree-point plug, sir."
He laughed and moved on.

Googling the colonel (whom I remembered as Maj Gen Peter Hodgson), I find his listed as promoted Lt Col to colonel in the London Gazette in 1968: http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/44723/pages/12673/page.pdf yet in the Telegraph in the announcement of his death in 1984, http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/18482/hodgson , he is listed as Lt Col.

Shrug.

As a former trooper, I f******g resent that f*****g slur you s**t-f***d c*****g b*****d
I learned LOTS of new rude words when I joined the army - I assume it was part of the training. Presumably to ensure that I could swear like a trooper.

Even the WRAC girls could do it...

And in any case...

:)

Rodney2q

my personal favourite was whilst on course some other TA punters from england realised that me and the other jock were actually friends and began mimicking how we spoke to each other. this caused my learned friend to comment;

"see these cunts DD? these cunts are gonna go home callin cunts cunts"

indeed.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
my personal favourite was whilst on course some other TA punters from england realised that me and the other jock were actually friends and began mimicking how we spoke to each other. this caused my learned friend to comment;

"see these cunts DD? these cunts are gonna go home callin cunts cunts"

indeed.
Right now I have an image of the Sweaty in Bluestone 42.

Germany, when the Cold War seemed to be getting a tad warm:

Woodentop V, V, Senior Officer to Rfn Jester: " Tell me, my man, what do you understand of the concept of Positional Bastion Defences?"

Rfn J: I don't F****** know do I, all I F****** know is that C***** there chucks me out into this F******* field in the middle of the F**** night and makes me dig this F******** fire trench just to impress some F******** C******* and I'm proper right F****** off.

V, V, Senior Officer: " Do you know to whom you are talking to?"

Rfn J: No, I F******* don't, do you know who I am?"

V, V, S.O. " I have no idea at all, why should I?"

Rfn J: " Well, that's all right then 'cause you can F***** off right back to where you came from you F********* Woodentop Twat".

At that the exchange was terminated by Rfn Jester legging it out of the part dug fire trench and running off into the woods to hide. I was so impressed by his upward management skills that I made sure he was excused stagging on that night and that he was also rewarded with an egg banjo.

"

Latest Threads