How many decorations?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by hellfyyr, Sep 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Check out the pic of Gen Petraeus on the attached link:

Check out the chest bling...

I am not sure what the guy has done but surely this level of adornment looks ridiculous even to them...

2. Boy George had a whole dress made out of that

3. Yeah but what you got to remember is Yanks get medals for wiping their own arrse!!!!!!!

4. The bill for court mounting is no doubt swallowing up any cash available for Iraq... :roll:

5. He has got weights strapped to his right arm to counter balance him!!!

6. He's brought them from his local PX store i reckon!!

7. I got this for dressing myself, this one for doing up my own boot laces, this one for being buggered by my drill sergeant instructor............................... the list is endless. They even used to get one for flying over Northern Ireland as they deemed it a combat zone!!!

8. I always thought the same but at worst they seemed to take up a couple of rows - but this! It's samming else...

9. This guy must be the talk of the mess. his chest looks like the test card for BBC2

10. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

They look impressive but you have to bear in mind that most are not decorations or indeed even medals - ribbons alone are given to denote having passed various courses.

He might clink a bit when wearing the actual medals or decorations but not even half as much as his ribbon bars would make you imagine.

11. And the thing is you can by all these ribbons in the PX........ Want anything at the shops love?
    Yes please................. A silver star and Purple Heart and todays Sun news paper please!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta love them!!!

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

He does look good:

[​IMG]

13. CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. he got best room in basic training twice, the other ribbons are for shiney shoes and really sharp creases in is trousers..