How many decorations?

I got this for dressing myself, this one for doing up my own boot laces, this one for being buggered by my drill sergeant instructor............................... the list is endless. They even used to get one for flying over Northern Ireland as they deemed it a combat zone!!!

G4commando said:
I got this for dressing myself, this one for doing up my own boot laces, this one for being buggered by my drill sergeant instructor............................... the list is endless. They even used to get one for flying over Northern Ireland as they deemed it a combat zone!!!
I always thought the same but at worst they seemed to take up a couple of rows - but this! It's samming else...

They look impressive but you have to bear in mind that most are not decorations or indeed even medals - ribbons alone are given to denote having passed various courses.

He might clink a bit when wearing the actual medals or decorations but not even half as much as his ribbon bars would make you imagine.

And the thing is you can by all these ribbons in the PX........ Want anything at the shops love?
Yes please................. A silver star and Purple Heart and todays Sun news paper please!!!!!!!!!
Gotta love them!!!

oldbaldy

LE
He does look good:

he got best room in basic training twice, the other ribbons are for shiney shoes and really sharp creases in is trousers..

Jesus Christ was happy with one star and you never saw him wearing that many ribbons for feeding the 5000 etc.

General Petraeus was the General George C. Marshall Award winner as the top graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Class of 1983. He subsequently earned MPA and Ph.D. degrees in international relations from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, and later served as an Assistant Professor of International Relations at the US Military Academy. He also completed a fellowship at Georgetown University.

Awards and decorations earned by General Petraeus include the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, two awards of the Distinguished Service Medal, two awards of the Defense Superior Service Medal, four awards of the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star Medal for valor, the State Department Superior Honor Award, the NATO Meritorious Service Medal, and the Gold Award of the Iraqi Order of the Date Palm. He is a Master Parachutist and is Air Assault and Ranger qualified. He has also earned the Combat Action Badge and French, British, and German Jump Wings. In 2005 he was recognized by the U.S. News and World Report as one of America’s 25 Best Leaders.

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=16

Fairly easy maninblue. His Bronze Star has a 'V' device on it, V for valour that is, so it wasn't issued for keeping the Coke machines full. That said, the various meritorious service medals and the like are pretty much staff weeny stuff. Compared to some of the current crop, he's abit light on 'proper' awards. (Silver Star, soldier's medal etc) Don't see a combat infantryman badge in there either.