How many arrse members does it take....

#1
.....to change a lightbulb? ;-)

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
 
#5
I've just changed a lightbulb. Discuss.
 
#7
Holdfast said:
Machristo said:
I've just changed a lightbulb. Discuss.
Did you write up a method statement before hand and have a qualified Sparky check it out afterwards? :D
Are you qualified to talk about method statements in relation to light bulbs?
 
#9
Holdfast said:
Machristo said:
I've just changed a lightbulb. Discuss.
Did you write up a method statement before hand and have a qualified Sparky check it out afterwards? :D
Have you had the stepladder usage course? Mind you at any height you should have used scaffold? It's an accident waiting to happen. Call for specialist outside contractor to quote and sign on for counsiling.
 
B

Bottleosmoke

Guest
#11
leveller said:
Holdfast said:
Machristo said:
I've just changed a lightbulb. Discuss.
Did you write up a method statement before hand and have a qualified Sparky check it out afterwards? :D
Have you had the stepladder usage course? Mind you at any height you should have used scaffold? It's an accident waiting to happen. Call for specialist outside contractor to quote and sign on for counsiling.
Are you in the competent users register specific to the light switch?
 
#12
This thread needs some interjection from A_Knocker_till_the_end to give everyone the definitive answer. But he would ramble on with to many technical points and post a lot of irrelevant pictures. :lol: :twisted: :lol:
 
#14
Sorry, I should have said 'attempted' to change a lightbulb.

I did write a full mission statement along with 3-page risk assessment at the bequest of my insurance company, although due to it being a stairs landing light and it consequently having a switch upstairs and down I was unable to ensure that it was infact turned off. I discussed this with a telephone adviser from my insurance company who advised that I should either call in a professional, for which they would be unwilling to payout, or I should turn off all electrics in the house at the relevant breaker switch. I followed his latter advice and thus had to write a further risk assessment for working in an insufficiently lit area and before commencing work had to go and purchase (at my own cost) appropriate PPE (steel toe capped boots suitable for indoor use and for use on stepladders) and an approved device to provide adequate light, but not a torch as operation would have to hands free and coverage would have to be 360 degrees from source.

Having followed all advice and setting up ample warnings for the benefit of anyone that should happen to be in the immediate area of the 'works' I finally had to have a local council-qualified H&S officer inspect my setup before I could chance the bulb. I finally got round to performing the actual task and then found that that particular fitting needed a screw cap, not the bayonet-type cap bulb that I'd purchased. B0llocks.
 
#16
BaggyInBlack said:
.....to change a lightbulb? ;-)

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
And 1 person (Sven) to ask for a link.... :roll:
 
#17
what about those who would debate whether tungsten, halogen or incandecent bulbs are better?

and certainly there would be at least one ARRSE member who will post a phottie of a scantily clad/near naked young pinup holding a lightbulb provacatively/suggestively with suitable links to ' the kinky use of lightbulbs ' website...
 
#18
Rocketeer said:
what about those who would debate whether tungsten, halogen or incandecent bulbs are better?

and certainly there would be at least one ARRSE member who will post a phottie of a scantily clad/near naked young pinup holding a lightbulb provacatively/suggestively with suitable links to ' the kinky use of lightbulbs ' website...

Sorry..... :wink:

(got worse..nudge,nudge....but mods would give me a shoeing...again!) :oops:
 

Attachments

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top