How low can a tabloid journo go?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BrandySoured, Jul 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This should, imo, be the death knell for the rag. But it wont.

Missing Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World | UK news | The Guardian

2. If the wet-lipped grief ghouls who read this stuff didn't want it, the papers wouldn't print it.

3. Vile behaviour. Absolutely vile.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I would like to think that this would slash the circulation figures of the NotW, but they will stick on a story of some Z celeb shagging another Z'er on the front page and the sheep will still buy it.

This is really a case where the blame should go right to the top. I don't believe that the senior management did not know that dodgy practices were going on. There will probably be cut-offs to protect managers, but the ethos would have been tacitly agreed by them.

Time for the owners to take responsibility.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They are there to sell papers nothing else - Wouldn't piss on most of them unless I could piss petrol. As for the paparazzi; they should all be shoved into a tunnel and buried alive.

Might be a few good journos out there, but until we get away from the shock, celeb, moron, red top, fucktard journalists then standards will continue to fall.

6. Granted but was the SLR better than the SA80 ? And was the purpose of the smaller round SA80 to increase wounds and overwhelm enemy field hospitals.... i know how you like thread diversions !!

7. No argument - the SLR was better for busting teeth.

8. Egg or chicken? Personally I would love to infiltrate the printworks of all the tabloids and spray ricin over the inside pages of each newspaper. Most of societies problems would be solved within a day.

News of the World needs to be made an example of. Whether any Prime Minister has the guts, or even the means to do that is doubtful.

9. I don't doubt it will turn out to be true but surely at the moment it's just alleged by the parents as part of a compo claim.

10. How low can they go.......six foot under hopefully.

11. A 2000 word article worth about £800.00 - thats low - they can get more...

12. Paxman has it on BBC 2 now btw.

13. Coo, blimey mate - a lot more than that. You're looking at five to six grand for this sort of thing, depending on the story. And the journo is only the mong in the office who 'writes' the story before it is re-written by the subs. Most of the dosh will go to the private detective.

14. £800 for 2000 words?! Who the hell are you writing for???

As for the NOTW: utterly beyond the pale. All heads involved should roll. Though not Rebekah Brooks - wasn't she editor of the Sun at the time, and therefore not involved?

15. If you wish to be kept up to date about a campaign being waged against the stinkin' Digger Murdoch, the crappy NotW, the `fragrant´ Rebekah (who likes to spend time riding with CaMoron!) and the lying toad Coulson, plus various other entities of News Corp., then take a swing over to here:

HACKGATE | The Slog

If you want to give it a little more of a political flavour:

HUNT BALLS | The Slog