How long will you wait in a Que/Waiting room, before you loose it or just walk away.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cantbearsed2, Aug 13, 2012.

1. As long as it takes.

2. As long as i have allocated time for.

3. untill steam is coming out of your ears.

4. Until you have dragged someone responsible out to explain what,s going on.

Multiple votes are allowed.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I waited for an hour today for a dentist appointment in an open plan surgery with only 5 chairs. No one apologized either when i arrived or after i waited the hour to be seen.

So i Aired my grievance and buggered off without being seen, I did ask the dentist for an explanation but all i got was buttering.

Questions, Was i stupid to leave untreated

Was i stupid to wait that long seeing as i work shifts and today was my day off.

Is this normal practice
  2. How long will I wait in a what?
  3. QUEUE, One person standing behind the other in an orderly fashion, Or in order of who comes first in a waiting room.

You can stand down now spell check, I have adjusted my Q.
  4. What are we letting loose??

5. They have wanking contests? Cool dentist.
  6. I,m just curious if i,m just to quick to loose the plot when waiting.

Or if the word appointment when going to see a doctor/dentist etch is now the wrong word to use.
  7. Being the duty spastic I find shouting and dribbling a lot gets me seen quickly.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. You live up to your username if nothing else!
  9. Your call is important to us, please hold...
    • Like Like x 4
  10. You should have just kept waiting. At the dentists, I pick up soomething to read. At the hospital waiting for a blood test I took an MP3 player. Waiting is British and you should learn to cope with it, particularly whenever the public sector is involved. For example, I once got a letter in January for a hospital appointment in November! Not only was that a long wait, but on the day there was a long wait too. Once they had my results my case was suddenly urgent and got dealt with next day. However, from presenting myself at my GP's surgery to being dealt with took almost two years! The actuall tests and interviews could all have been done within a week easily. Yet this example isn't unique it's actually commonplace. Even waiting times at Accident and Emergency can be a few hours sometimes. So the clear answer is for you to learn to wait. Next time you may have to wait again anyway. Besides, by leaving as you did you let them know that your case wasn't important enough for you to wait.

Edit to add: Quite a few people cannot get to see a NHS dentist these days, and the dentist doesn't have to see you if he doesn't want to. So, you need him more than he needs you. Worth remembering that before you get snotty with him.
  11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Que sera, sera!
  12. If all my patients came on time i'd have two weeks of empty appointments in every six.
  13. How long are you going to wait for a sensible answer?...

I think queuing should have been incorporated into the Olympic opening ceremony, get everyone in the stadium for about 16:00 but not have anything happen for a few hours.
    That would have properly represented modern Britain

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crapatalk and a head dobber
    • Like Like x 1